MP Growth Story Based on Fictitious Figures: Digvijay Singh
Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh today termed the growth story of Madhya Pradesh as based on "fictitious" figures.
Singh, however, congratulated Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chuohan, who completes 10 years in office tomorrow, a record held by him before.
"There is a well known saying, that those who sow a tree, will not eat its fruit and the same thing applies for Chouhan also. The projects that we have initiated, he is enjoying just its fruit only," Singh told reporters.
"The figures of enhanced food grain production are fudged by the state officials by clubbing it with PDS food grains and selling the produce of other states in Madhya Pradesh," he alleged.
"The rice was recycled in the market while farmers of Uttar Pradesh sold their wheat in Madhya Pradesh as it was giving bonus on MSP at that time which led to rise in production. All these figures are fictitious and fudged," Singh claimed.
When asked about Chouhan's comment "Dudharu gay ko koi dodhar nahi bhejta" (nobody sends milking cow to place where it has no use) in a press conference today here on his future plans, he remarked, "If he considers himself as a milking cow then its milk is being consumed by RSS and BJP leaders and his family members only. People of the state are starving."
Asked about his "Pappu will not pass remark and also Bali Ka Bakra" (scapegoat) that he had stated when Chouhan became the Chief Minister of the state in 2005, Singh said, "Pappu will pass only when people of the state will feel improvement in their standard of living."
- Has 'Bihar Ki Beti' Nominated Only To Lose?: Nitish Kumar
- ISRO's PSLV-C38, With 31 Satellites, Blasts Off From Sriharikota
- At Least 25 Killed, Over 100 Injured In Pakistan Blasts
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Army Rejects Rifles Made in India for 2nd Year in A Row Citing Poor Quality
- Opposition Picks Meira Kumar As Its Presidential Candidate
- ‘Giant Head’ Baby Roona Begum Of Tripura Passes Away Days Before Her Surgery
- JNU Students' Union President, Two Others Suspended From Varsity Panels For 'Misconduct'