MP Growth Story Based on Fictitious Figures: Digvijay Singh
Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh today termed the growth story of Madhya Pradesh as based on "fictitious" figures.
Singh, however, congratulated Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chuohan, who completes 10 years in office tomorrow, a record held by him before.
"There is a well known saying, that those who sow a tree, will not eat its fruit and the same thing applies for Chouhan also. The projects that we have initiated, he is enjoying just its fruit only," Singh told reporters.
"The figures of enhanced food grain production are fudged by the state officials by clubbing it with PDS food grains and selling the produce of other states in Madhya Pradesh," he alleged.
"The rice was recycled in the market while farmers of Uttar Pradesh sold their wheat in Madhya Pradesh as it was giving bonus on MSP at that time which led to rise in production. All these figures are fictitious and fudged," Singh claimed.
When asked about Chouhan's comment "Dudharu gay ko koi dodhar nahi bhejta" (nobody sends milking cow to place where it has no use) in a press conference today here on his future plans, he remarked, "If he considers himself as a milking cow then its milk is being consumed by RSS and BJP leaders and his family members only. People of the state are starving."
Asked about his "Pappu will not pass remark and also Bali Ka Bakra" (scapegoat) that he had stated when Chouhan became the Chief Minister of the state in 2005, Singh said, "Pappu will pass only when people of the state will feel improvement in their standard of living."
- Pakistan Is 'Well Of Death', Says India's Uzma After Return
- 4 Women Gangraped, Man Shot Dead in UP's Bulandshahr
- Fadnavis Escapes Unhurt After Chopper Crash In Latur
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10