Move to Transfer Sankaranarayanan 'Political Vendetta': Cong
Congress today saw political vendetta in the shifting of Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan, who decided to quit the post instead of joining his new assignment in Mizoram.
"For political vendetta, this government is denigrating the constitutional post of governor. It is not proper to humiliate a person holding a constitutional post," said Congress spokesperson Shakeel Ahmed.
Hitting out at the Narendra Modi government, he said it was making Mizoram some sort of a place for punitive postings and charged that it was an insult to the people of the state.
Sankarnaryanan was transferred to a post which was being held by Kamla Beniwal, who was sacked earlier this month.
A month earlier, Beniwal was posted to Mizoram from Gujarat, where she had some runs-in with Modi when he was the chief minister of the state.
Beniwal, 87, was removed just two months before her tenure was due to end.
- My Party and My Family Are United: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Tata-Mistry Tussle Heads to the Courts As Tatas File Caveats in SC, HC, NCLT
- Yashwant Sinha Led Delegation Meets Hurriyat Leader Geelani to Break Kashmir Impasse
- Six Members of a Family Injured in Pak Shelling in Jammu
- SC Directs Vijay Mallya to Disclose His Foreign Assets in Four Weeks
- Delhi: One Person Killed In Blast At Naya Bazar, Rajnath Calls Delhi CP
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- E-Ballot Facility for Service Voters Gets Govt Nod: CEC
- Snatch Tribal Rights, Face Action, Warns PM
- 300-Year-Old British Coin, One of Only 20 Ever Minted, Found in 4-Year-Old's Treasure Chest
- Muslim Community Must Seriously Ponder Over Triple Talaq: RSS
- Rename HRD Ministry as Education Ministry: Sisodia to Javadekar
- Saudi Man Dumps Bride for Sharing Pictures on Snapchat Just 2 Hrs After Wedding
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman Of Tata Sons, Ratan Tata To Hold Interim Position
- Ratan Tata: 'I Think Everybody Knows Where The Intolerance Is Coming From...'
- Now, Adult Film Star Accuses Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Not Just a Business Partner, But an Ally Who Stood By India in its Darkest Hours: Russia