Move to Transfer Sankaranarayanan 'Political Vendetta': Cong
Congress today saw political vendetta in the shifting of Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan, who decided to quit the post instead of joining his new assignment in Mizoram.
"For political vendetta, this government is denigrating the constitutional post of governor. It is not proper to humiliate a person holding a constitutional post," said Congress spokesperson Shakeel Ahmed.
Hitting out at the Narendra Modi government, he said it was making Mizoram some sort of a place for punitive postings and charged that it was an insult to the people of the state.
Sankarnaryanan was transferred to a post which was being held by Kamla Beniwal, who was sacked earlier this month.
A month earlier, Beniwal was posted to Mizoram from Gujarat, where she had some runs-in with Modi when he was the chief minister of the state.
Beniwal, 87, was removed just two months before her tenure was due to end.
- Herald Case: Notice Issued to Sonia, Rahul on Swamy's Petition
- WB: Two Die as Fire Breaks Out in Murshidabad Hospital
- PM Trying to Reverse AAP Govt's Decisions Through LG: Kejriwal
- Give Me One Chance: Mehbooba Appeals to Protesters
- Dhaka Cafe Attack 'Mastermind', 2 Others Killed in Encounter
- Nude Monk Delivers 'Kadve Vachan' in Haryana Assembly
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Chhotepur Rejects Panel, Dares AAP to Make Bribe Video Public
- Woman Raped, Attacked With Acid in Kanpur
- Universities Should Be Bastions of Free Speech, Debate: Prez
- WB: Flood Situation Worsens in Malda, 2 Killed
- Malaysian Students Rally to Demand Prime Minister's Arrest
- Sharif Sends 22 Special Envoys to World Capitals to Highlight Kashmir Issue
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED