Move to Transfer Sankaranarayanan 'Political Vendetta': Cong
Congress today saw political vendetta in the shifting of Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan, who decided to quit the post instead of joining his new assignment in Mizoram.
"For political vendetta, this government is denigrating the constitutional post of governor. It is not proper to humiliate a person holding a constitutional post," said Congress spokesperson Shakeel Ahmed.
Hitting out at the Narendra Modi government, he said it was making Mizoram some sort of a place for punitive postings and charged that it was an insult to the people of the state.
Sankarnaryanan was transferred to a post which was being held by Kamla Beniwal, who was sacked earlier this month.
A month earlier, Beniwal was posted to Mizoram from Gujarat, where she had some runs-in with Modi when he was the chief minister of the state.
Beniwal, 87, was removed just two months before her tenure was due to end.
- Pak Will Give Befitting Response to Any Misadventure: Raheel
- Shahabuddin Surrenders, Says CM Will be 'Taught a Lesson'
- Sri Lanka Becomes Fifth Nation to Pull Out of SAARC
- SC Cancels RJD Leader Shahabuddin's Bail, Sends Him Back to Jail
- Surgical Strikes by India in PoK an Act of Self Defence: Afghanistan
- Bihar Liquor Prohibition Law Illegal, Rules Patna High Court
- Denzel Washington's 'FENCES' Trailer Promises Oscar Contenders
- Roasted For Being Dark, Parched Actor Tannishtha Chatterjee Gets Apology
- Karachi's Stand-Up Comedian Has His Reasons Why India And Pakistan Should Not Go To War
- Prabhu Deva Does A Gandi Baat Jig With Father
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Will Tell India What Is Real Surgical Strike: Saeed
- Telcos Meet TRAI, Allege Tariff Order Violation by RJio
- Surgical Strike: South Korea Supports India's Stance
- Court Issues NBW Against Dawood Ibrahim, Chhota Shakeel
- 10 Killed, 29 Missing in Typhoon Megi in China
- Philippine Prez Duterte 'Happy to Slaughter' Drug Suspects, Mentions Hitler
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED