Move to Transfer Sankaranarayanan 'Political Vendetta': Cong
Congress today saw political vendetta in the shifting of Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan, who decided to quit the post instead of joining his new assignment in Mizoram.
"For political vendetta, this government is denigrating the constitutional post of governor. It is not proper to humiliate a person holding a constitutional post," said Congress spokesperson Shakeel Ahmed.
Hitting out at the Narendra Modi government, he said it was making Mizoram some sort of a place for punitive postings and charged that it was an insult to the people of the state.
Sankarnaryanan was transferred to a post which was being held by Kamla Beniwal, who was sacked earlier this month.
A month earlier, Beniwal was posted to Mizoram from Gujarat, where she had some runs-in with Modi when he was the chief minister of the state.
Beniwal, 87, was removed just two months before her tenure was due to end.
- Eminent Writer Mahasweta Devi Dies at 90
- Why Is Dal So Expensive, Rahul Asks Modi
- Rajnath to Raise Pak-Sponsored Terror, No Bilateral With Pak Counterpart
- Assam: Flood Situation Grim, Sonowal Visits Majuli Island
- Javadekar Meets RSS, Its Affiliates, Discusses New Education Policy
- Obama Passes Baton to Clinton, Says No One More Qualified
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Bring More Experts to Government, Says NITI Aayog
- Male Prostitution Prevalent in Goa Prisons: Rane
- Ajmer Dargah Spiritual Head Asks Muslims to Protect Cows
- UP: Dalit Couple Hacked to Death Over Rs 15
- Phagwara Clashes: Security of Six Leaders Downsized
- Defamation Cases Should Not be Used As a Political Weapon: SC
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED