Move to Transfer Sankaranarayanan 'Political Vendetta': Cong
Congress today saw political vendetta in the shifting of Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan, who decided to quit the post instead of joining his new assignment in Mizoram.
"For political vendetta, this government is denigrating the constitutional post of governor. It is not proper to humiliate a person holding a constitutional post," said Congress spokesperson Shakeel Ahmed.
Hitting out at the Narendra Modi government, he said it was making Mizoram some sort of a place for punitive postings and charged that it was an insult to the people of the state.
Sankarnaryanan was transferred to a post which was being held by Kamla Beniwal, who was sacked earlier this month.
A month earlier, Beniwal was posted to Mizoram from Gujarat, where she had some runs-in with Modi when he was the chief minister of the state.
Beniwal, 87, was removed just two months before her tenure was due to end.
- Former Punjab DGP K.P.S. Gill Dies At 82
- Wreckage Of Missing Sukhoi Fighter Jet Found
- Modi Govt Should Rethink NITI Aayog Existence: RSS trade union
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' to release in China
- Angry Over Amit Shah's Comment, Telangana CM Says No Final Decision On Supporting BJP For President Post
- Indian Woman Uzma, Who Was Forced to Marry Pakistani Man, Returns Home, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- Malayali Man Brings His Pakistani Lover And Her Parents to India With Fake Docs, All Detained in Bengaluru
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10