MoS PMO Meets Home Minister, BJP Chief Over UPSC Row
Minister of State in the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) Jitendra Singh today held separate consultations with Home Minister Rajnath Singh, and BJP President Amit Shah and other party leaders to resolve the ongoing row over the UPSC civil services examination.
Singh held discussions with Shah and senior party leaders J P Nadda and Ram Madhav at Gujarat Bhavan in a bid to resolve the ongoing controversy.
Later in the evening, he also met the Home Minister at the latter's residence, sources said.
According to the sources, the government is studying the Verma Committee report that examined the possibilities of changing the pattern of civil services examination among other matters, and is working out an amicable solution for the problem, which has rocked Parliament for the past week.
Singh had also met the Home Minister yesterday over the issue.
Various opposition parties have demanded an early resolution to the matter as the civil services aspirants continued with their protest.
The students have been protesting in the national capital in support of their demand to change the pattern of Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) to give level-playing field to those coming from rural areas.
They have objected to the level of aptitude, analytical and English language questions being asked in the CSAT II examination, claiming they are biased in favour of those aspirants with engineering and management background.
The protesting students have also been demanding that the civil services preliminary examination, scheduled to be held on August 24, be postponed.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Censor Board Responsible for Preserving India's Culture: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rahul Gandhi Says He Has Information Of PM Modi's Personal Corruption
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Demonetisation Advisers Need Elementary Course In Economics Says Chidambaram
- 52 Killed, Over 100 Injured in Sufi Shrine Blast in Pak's Balochistan