MoS PMO Meets Home Minister, BJP Chief Over UPSC Row
Minister of State in the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) Jitendra Singh today held separate consultations with Home Minister Rajnath Singh, and BJP President Amit Shah and other party leaders to resolve the ongoing row over the UPSC civil services examination.
Singh held discussions with Shah and senior party leaders J P Nadda and Ram Madhav at Gujarat Bhavan in a bid to resolve the ongoing controversy.
Later in the evening, he also met the Home Minister at the latter's residence, sources said.
According to the sources, the government is studying the Verma Committee report that examined the possibilities of changing the pattern of civil services examination among other matters, and is working out an amicable solution for the problem, which has rocked Parliament for the past week.
Singh had also met the Home Minister yesterday over the issue.
Various opposition parties have demanded an early resolution to the matter as the civil services aspirants continued with their protest.
The students have been protesting in the national capital in support of their demand to change the pattern of Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) to give level-playing field to those coming from rural areas.
They have objected to the level of aptitude, analytical and English language questions being asked in the CSAT II examination, claiming they are biased in favour of those aspirants with engineering and management background.
The protesting students have also been demanding that the civil services preliminary examination, scheduled to be held on August 24, be postponed.
- Pak Balochistan Province Assembly Resolution Condemns Modi
- PM's Fresh Bid on Kashmir: Talks of 'Ekta' And 'Mamata'
- JNU Rape Case: Varsity Suspends Accused Scholar
- Curfew in Some Parts of Srinagar, Two Towns in South Kashmir
- Trump Vows to Begin Deportations Immediately If Sworn In
- Pak: LeJ Terrorists Involved in Lanka Cricket Team Attack Killed
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Wet Outfield Denies India Chance to Level Series
- Delhi: 15-Year-Old Beaten to Death by Three Classmates, Says Police
- Scorpene Leak: DCNS Moves Aussie Court for Injunction Against The Australian
- Vadra, BJP MLA Engage in Verbal Spat Over Shaktiman
- Merkel Rejects Muslim Migrant Ban, Urges Fair Distribution
- Minor Raped by Juvenile Neighbour in Delhi
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED