MoS PMO Meets Home Minister, BJP Chief Over UPSC Row
Minister of State in the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) Jitendra Singh today held separate consultations with Home Minister Rajnath Singh, and BJP President Amit Shah and other party leaders to resolve the ongoing row over the UPSC civil services examination.
Singh held discussions with Shah and senior party leaders J P Nadda and Ram Madhav at Gujarat Bhavan in a bid to resolve the ongoing controversy.
Later in the evening, he also met the Home Minister at the latter's residence, sources said.
According to the sources, the government is studying the Verma Committee report that examined the possibilities of changing the pattern of civil services examination among other matters, and is working out an amicable solution for the problem, which has rocked Parliament for the past week.
Singh had also met the Home Minister yesterday over the issue.
Various opposition parties have demanded an early resolution to the matter as the civil services aspirants continued with their protest.
The students have been protesting in the national capital in support of their demand to change the pattern of Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) to give level-playing field to those coming from rural areas.
They have objected to the level of aptitude, analytical and English language questions being asked in the CSAT II examination, claiming they are biased in favour of those aspirants with engineering and management background.
The protesting students have also been demanding that the civil services preliminary examination, scheduled to be held on August 24, be postponed.
- CBSE Announces Class 12 Exam Results, Topper Scores 99.6%
- Curfew In Srinagar Day After Bhat Killed
- Police Reveal Photos Of Manchester Bomber
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10