Modi's Teachers' Day Speech to Be Streamed Live on DD Web
With an aim to ensure wider reach of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's interaction with school students on the Teachers' Day, live streaming will also be made available through web channels of Doordarshan, PMO and the HRD Ministry.
The interaction will start from 3 pm and will continue till 4.45 pm.
Modi will address about 1000 students from the Manekshaw Auditorium here which will be broadcast live by all Doordarshan channels and on radio.
The prime minister would also take questions from some students spread across the country through a video-conference facility.
Live streaming on the web would also be made available to ensure maximum 'audience'.
The web streaming will be available on www.youtube.Com/user/DDNewsofficial,
www.youtube.com/user/HRDMinistry, www.pmindiawebcast.nic.In and youtube.com/user/DoordarshanNational, said a government statement today.
HRD Minister Smriti Irani had earlier said the attendance of students to listen to and watch the PM's speech was a "voluntary" exercise, amid a row that listening to his speech was being made mandatory for the children.
Meanwhile, ministry officials held a series of meetings in the run up to the event today and made rounds of Manekshaw Auditorium to oversee arrangements for the programme.
CBSE has requested schools to make arrangements to "assemble" the children so that they may view the prime minister's address.
It said that suitable arrangements will need to be made to enable children to stay from 2:30 pm to 5:00 pm in the school on September 5.
The Ministry has also asked schools in the states to prepare a student attendance report after the PM's interaction with the students is over.
- Tardy Reaction To Molestation Of A Ladkhi Girl Opens Wounds Of Government Apathy To The Region
- No Security Stamps In These 7 Airports Anymore
- Kerala To Launch First Sex Offenders Registry
- Gujarat To Ban Hookah Bars
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Government To Launch 'Twitter Seva' To Address Public Grievances
- Gujarat Assembly Passes Bill To Impose Complete Ban On Hookah Bars
- Over 61 % Voting in Phase-IV Of UP Assembly Polls
- Vyapam: No CBI Probe Into Madhya Pradesh Pre-Engineering Test
- No Need To Get Security Stamp On Hand Baggages Anymore In These 7 Airports
- Govt Ropes In Shilpa Shetty As Swachh Bharat Brand Ambassador
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman