Modi's Jharkhand Visit Can Influence Bihar Bypolls: Manjhi
Bihar Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi questioned the visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi in neighbouring Jharkhand when bypolls in 10 Assembly seats were taking place in Bihar.
"Prime Minister Narendra Modi is laying foundation of several projects and making speech in neighbouring Jharkhand when bypolls in 10 Assembly seats in Bihar is taking place. This can influence voting in the by-elections," Manjhi told reporters.
He drew the attention of the Election Commission towards it.
The Bihar CM said that "Modi magic" was in the wane now.
"By making false promises during parliamentary election and in the name of caste and religion, the BJP won the general election...But Modi magic will not work in future as people have seen the reality," Manjhi, who succeeded Nitish Kumar on the chair of Bihar CM, said.
People of Bihar would not be taken for a ride again by the BJP, he remarked.
Asked if stake is high for the secular alliance in the bypoll, the CM said JD(U), RJD and Congress are making an experiment of fighting poll together to stop division of votes.
"We realised that even after securing 45 per cent of votes in the general election we won a few seats only while the BJP and NDA on the basis of 40 per cent votes came out victorious in 31 seats out of 40 in Bihar. Considering this we have entered into alliance to check division of votes," he said.
- Open the Dam Shutters, SC Asks Karnataka to Release 6000 Cusecs of Water to TN
- After Indus Water Treaty, India Will Now Review the Most Favoured Nation Status Given to Pak
- Corruption Accused Ex-Corporate Affairs DG Bansal Commits Suicide Along With Son
- Clinton Puts Trump on Defensive in Fiery First Presidential Debate
- USA: Nine Injured in Shooting at Strip Mall in Houston
- Abandon 'Dream' of Obtaining Kashmir: Swaraj to Pakistan
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Watch: A Poacher's Court Tries To Save Elephants And Rhinos In Africa
- US Bans Many Soaps With Harmful Chemicals, Indians Too at Health Risk
- 6-Year-Old Boy Wonder Cooks Kerala's Puttu for US Audience on Ellen Show
- Bound By Chain Great Dane Starved To Death
- Yashvardhan Sinha Appointed India's High Commissioner to UK
- BSF Orders More Non-Lethal Weapons for Use at Bangladesh Border
- Pathankot on High Alert, Search Operation Launched
- Curfew Relaxed for Six Hours in Kishtwar District of J&K
- India Confronts Pak Envoy With Proof of Uri Attack's Cross Border Origins
- Pakistani Actors Should Condemn Uri Attack: Anupam Kher
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED