Modi's Jharkhand Visit Can Influence Bihar Bypolls: Manjhi
Bihar Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi questioned the visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi in neighbouring Jharkhand when bypolls in 10 Assembly seats were taking place in Bihar.
"Prime Minister Narendra Modi is laying foundation of several projects and making speech in neighbouring Jharkhand when bypolls in 10 Assembly seats in Bihar is taking place. This can influence voting in the by-elections," Manjhi told reporters.
He drew the attention of the Election Commission towards it.
The Bihar CM said that "Modi magic" was in the wane now.
"By making false promises during parliamentary election and in the name of caste and religion, the BJP won the general election...But Modi magic will not work in future as people have seen the reality," Manjhi, who succeeded Nitish Kumar on the chair of Bihar CM, said.
People of Bihar would not be taken for a ride again by the BJP, he remarked.
Asked if stake is high for the secular alliance in the bypoll, the CM said JD(U), RJD and Congress are making an experiment of fighting poll together to stop division of votes.
"We realised that even after securing 45 per cent of votes in the general election we won a few seats only while the BJP and NDA on the basis of 40 per cent votes came out victorious in 31 seats out of 40 in Bihar. Considering this we have entered into alliance to check division of votes," he said.
- Outlook's Agony Aunt
- 2 Indians Die Every Minute Due to Air Pollution: Study
- Soon, Passport Can Be Applied At Post Offices
- NGT Slaps Rs 10Lakh Fine On Noida-Based Water Bottling Unit
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Jet Airways Restores Contact With ATC After German Authorites Send Fighter Jets for Fear Of Hijack
- 61.16 Per Cent Turnout in UP Phase-3: Polling Peaceful
- People Will Take Revenge on BJP For Note Ban: Rahul, Akhilesh
- Ravi Shankar Prasad Dares Congress, SP, BSP to Clarify Stand on Triple Talaq
- UP Polls: Over 55 Per Cent Turnout Till 4 PM
- Mulayam Clarifies No Rift In SP, Confident Akhilesh Will Be CM
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Watch: Delhi College Guard Brutally Beats Street Dog To Death, Case Registered After Video Goes Viral
- Modi Promised 'Acche Din' Like SRK In DDLJ, Ended Up Being Sholay's Gabbar, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Pakistan Senate Passes Landmark Hindu Marriage Bill
- Bangladesh Bans Irrfan Khan Starrer Biopic No Bed of Roses