Modi Writes to Karzai, Greets on Afghan Independence Day
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has written to President Hamid Karzai extending greetings for Afghanistan's Independence Day with a promise to continue India's full support to the efforts to build a strong, united, peaceful, democratic and prosperous Afghanistan.
"On behalf of the Government and people of India, I have great pleasure in extending to you and the friendly people of Afghanistan our warm greetings and heartiest felicitations on the occasion of the Independence Day of Afghanistan," Modi wrote to Karzai.
Afghan Independence Day is celebrated on August 19.
Modi told Karzai that as a "close friend and neighbour", India attaches the highest importance to further strengthening its multifaceted strategic partnership with Afghanistan, which is based on the foundation of enduring goodwill between our people, shared development aspirations and a common quest for peace and stability in the region.
"India will continue to extend its full support to the government and people of Afghanistan in their efforts to build a strong, peaceful, united, democratic and prosperous Afghanistan," he underlined.
"I take this opportunity to convey my best wishes for Your Excellency's good health and well-being, as also for the progress and prosperity of the friendly people of Afghanistan," Modi wrote.
- K.P.S. Gill, Who Killed Terrorism In Punjab, Dies
- Yeddyurappa Will Be BJP's CM Face In Karnataka: Shah
- Modi Govt Should Rethink NITI Aayog Existence: RSS trade union
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' to release in China
- Angry Over Amit Shah's Comment, Telangana CM Says No Final Decision On Supporting BJP For President Post
- Indian Woman Uzma, Who Was Forced to Marry Pakistani Man, Returns Home, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- Malayali Man Brings His Pakistani Lover And Her Parents to India With Fake Docs, All Detained in Bengaluru
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10