Modi to Deliver Extempore Independence Day Address
Breaking from tradition, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will speak extempore when he delivers his first Independence Day address from the ramparts of the historic Red Fort tomorrow in which he is expected to outline his vision and agenda for his tenure.
Government sources said Modi will have written points on which he will build his address. A big team of officials from Press Information Bureau, along with translators, have been lined up for immediate conversion of the address into a written transcript.
Traditionally, the Prime Ministers read out a prepared text while addressing the nation on the Independence Day. However, Modi is known to deliver speeches extempore.
In his address, the Prime Minister is expected to outline his vision and spell out the agenda in terms of programmes and policies to be implemented during his tenure.
He is also expected to speak on issues related to foreign policy.
Modi is expected to unveil an ambitious financial inclusion scheme to provide bank accounts to 15 crore poor persons with an overdraft facility of Rs 5,000 and accident insurance of Rs 1 lakh.
The-two phase Financial Inclusion Mission, which has been approved by the Union Cabinet, will be launched by Modi here at the end of this month, sources said.
The government is gearing up to operationalise the scheme across the country on August 28 or 29, they added.
The scheme, to be pushed by the government in a mission mode, seeks to provide two accounts to 7.5 crore identified households by August 2018.
- PM Inaugurates India's Longest Bridge in Assam
- Wreckage Of Missing Sukhoi Fighter Jet Found
- Modi Govt Should Rethink NITI Aayog Existence: RSS trade union
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' to release in China
- Angry Over Amit Shah's Comment, Telangana CM Says No Final Decision On Supporting BJP For President Post
- Indian Woman Uzma, Who Was Forced to Marry Pakistani Man, Returns Home, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- Malayali Man Brings His Pakistani Lover And Her Parents to India With Fake Docs, All Detained in Bengaluru
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10