Modi Promised 'Acche Din' Like SRK In DDLJ, Ended Up Being Sholay's Gabbar, Says Rahul Gandhi
Rahul Gandhi today invoked two Bollywood blockbusters to take a dig at Prime Minister Narendra Modi saying he promised "achhe din" like Shah Rukh Khan in "Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge" but ended up being villain Gabbar Singh of "Sholay".
Referring to the 1995 hit starring Shah Rukh and Kajol, Rahul slammed Modi for his 'achhe din' promise.
"You must have seen the movie 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge', have not you? Do you remember it? In the film there is a promise of 'achhe din' (good days)," he said drawing applause from the audience who lapped up the banter.
Mocking the prime minister for making "empty" promises for developing the state by "pretending" to be a hero, Rahul said Modi claimed he was a hero like Shah Rukh but ended up being villain Gabbar Singh.
When Rahul spoke, his sister Priyanka was by his side, hitting the campaign trail for the first time in the ongoing Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections.
Till now, her role had been confined to strategy and backroom talks from her brother's home in New Delhi.
Congress leaders say she is unlikely to go beyond mother Sonia Gandhi's Raebareli and Rahul's Amethi constituencies.
Congress has credited Priyanka with playing a pivotal role in rescuing the alliance with the Samajwadi Party when it was on the verge of collapse.
- 'Indians Hate Corruption,' Says PM Modi
- Even At 2 AM, Swaraj Helps Indians In Need, Modi Lauds MEA
- Afghan Air Corridor Shows India's Stubborn Thinking
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED