Modi Meets BJP MPs From Maharashtra, Goa
Prime Minister Narendra Modi today met BJP MPs from Goa and Maharashtra and asked the latter to work tirelessly to ensure the party's success in the upcoming Assembly elections in the state.
Road Transport and Highways Minister and Lok Sabha member from Nagpur, Nitin Gadkari, and Power Minister Piyush Goyal, a Rajya Sabha member who hails from the state, were also present during the interaction with Modi at his residence.
Modi told the BJP MPs that the people of Maharashtra are fed up with the ruling Congress.
He said that the people in Maharashtra had handed BJP a landslide victory in the just-concluded Lok Sabha polls and urged party members to make the best use of that to wrest power in the state.
The new government has taken many bold steps in the public interest, Modi told the MPs, adding that the public's confidence in the NDA government is intact.
The public sentiment is against Congress and in BJP's favour, Modi stressed. He said that its defeat at the hands of BJP is yet to sink into the Congress camp.
The meeting was part of a series of interactions with party MPs from the various states.
Modi has earlier met BJP MPs from states like Delhi, Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Jammu and Kashmir and Madhya Pradesh.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Censor Board Responsible for Preserving India's Culture: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman