Modi Lays Foundation Stone of Highway in Haryana
Prime Minister Narendra Modi today laid the foundation stone of 166 km Kaithal- Rajasthan border section of the National Highway-152/65 here.
The Rs 1,393-crore road project starts from Kaithal and ends at Haryana/Rajasthan Border, and will be completed in 30 months. It passes through Kalayat, Narwana, Barwala, Hisar and Siwani towns.
Union Surface Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari, Haryana Governor Kaptan Singh Solanki and Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda were among those present on the occasion at the Police Lines Ground.
Haryana Police has made tight security arrangements at the venue of the function and on the roads leading to the town from various places, including Karnal and Narwana.
The four-lane project will benefit Kaithal, Jind and Hissar districts of the state.
Modi is on his first to Haryana, where elections are due in October.
According to officials, the project shall benefit to the people of Haryana in terms of improving the living standard, safe connectivity and economic prosperity.
Twenty-three underpasses and 20.90-km service roads are proposed in the project near villages which shall ensure the safety of the pedestrian and the people residing in the vicinity of the road.
- Stone-Pelters Should Fire Weapons, Then I Could Do What I Want: Rawat
- Impose Governor's Rule If J&K Is To Be Saved: Farooq Abdullah
- Narada Journalists Threaten Hunger Strike Over Dues
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10