Modi Lays Foundation Stone of Highway in Haryana
Prime Minister Narendra Modi today laid the foundation stone of 166 km Kaithal- Rajasthan border section of the National Highway-152/65 here.
The Rs 1,393-crore road project starts from Kaithal and ends at Haryana/Rajasthan Border, and will be completed in 30 months. It passes through Kalayat, Narwana, Barwala, Hisar and Siwani towns.
Union Surface Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari, Haryana Governor Kaptan Singh Solanki and Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda were among those present on the occasion at the Police Lines Ground.
Haryana Police has made tight security arrangements at the venue of the function and on the roads leading to the town from various places, including Karnal and Narwana.
The four-lane project will benefit Kaithal, Jind and Hissar districts of the state.
Modi is on his first to Haryana, where elections are due in October.
According to officials, the project shall benefit to the people of Haryana in terms of improving the living standard, safe connectivity and economic prosperity.
Twenty-three underpasses and 20.90-km service roads are proposed in the project near villages which shall ensure the safety of the pedestrian and the people residing in the vicinity of the road.
FROM OUTLOOKmanmohan singhAn embattled Manmohan Singh fails to give a convincing defence of his government’s actions ...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinionThis month, Narendra Modi completes his first twomore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESPrime Minister Manmohan Singh will undergo a heartmore from WIRES>>>
- Congress Derails RS Proceedings Over Private Member Bill on AP
- Supreme Court Allows Abortion of 24-Week Old Foetus
- Two Killed, 17 Injured in Florida Nightclub Shooting Rampage
- SC Notice to Vijay Mallya on Petition of Consortium of Banks
- Sidhu Blasts BJP, Doesn't Say If He Is Joining AAP
- Chinkara Case: Rajasthan High Court Acquits Salman Khan
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Transport Employees Launch Indefinite Strike in Karnataka
- Army Arrests Wanted Terrorist in Assam
- UNSC Mandates Must Recognise Ground Realities: India
- Srinagar-Muzaffarabad Bus Service Resumes
- BJD Launches Stir Against Chhattishgarh's Projects in Mahanadi
- HC Sentences Seven to Life Imprisonment in a Post-Godhra Riot Case
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED