Modi Lays Foundation Stone of Highway in Haryana
Prime Minister Narendra Modi today laid the foundation stone of 166 km Kaithal- Rajasthan border section of the National Highway-152/65 here.
The Rs 1,393-crore road project starts from Kaithal and ends at Haryana/Rajasthan Border, and will be completed in 30 months. It passes through Kalayat, Narwana, Barwala, Hisar and Siwani towns.
Union Surface Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari, Haryana Governor Kaptan Singh Solanki and Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda were among those present on the occasion at the Police Lines Ground.
Haryana Police has made tight security arrangements at the venue of the function and on the roads leading to the town from various places, including Karnal and Narwana.
The four-lane project will benefit Kaithal, Jind and Hissar districts of the state.
Modi is on his first to Haryana, where elections are due in October.
According to officials, the project shall benefit to the people of Haryana in terms of improving the living standard, safe connectivity and economic prosperity.
Twenty-three underpasses and 20.90-km service roads are proposed in the project near villages which shall ensure the safety of the pedestrian and the people residing in the vicinity of the road.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Censor Board Responsible for Preserving India's Culture: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman