Modi Has the Track Record of Being a Doer: Ratan Tata
Chairman Emeritus of Tata Sons Ratan Tata today termed Prime Minister Narendra Modi as a 'doer' and said he should be given more time.
"Modi has the track record of being a doer. Gujarat is an example and one should go there to see it," Tata, who retired as chairman of Tata Sons two years back, said at an interaction organised by Ladies Study Group of Indian Chamber of Commerce here.
He said that since 1984, there was a paradigm shift in India's democracy with a political party getting single majority, unlike coalition government or a minority government.
But the government machinery had now shifted to "quick acting and growth-oriented (work) rather than government-oriented", Tata said.
- SC Allows Marine Latorre to Stay Back in Italy
- Don't Behave Like Lords, 'Fall in Line': SC Tells BCCI
- Day After Stoning of Saamna Office in Maharashtra, Cartoonist Expresses Regret
- Former Israeli President Shimon Peres Dies at 93
- Pak Approaches World Bank Amid Reports of India Revoking Indus Water Treaty
- Most SAARC Members Join India, Pull Out of Summit in Pakistan
- Roasted For Being Dark, Parched Actor Tannishtha Chatterjee Gets Apology
- Karachi's Stand-Up Comedian Has His Reasons Why India And Pakistan Should Not Go To War
- Prabhu Deva Does A Gandi Baat Jig With Father
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Watch: A Poacher's Court Tries To Save Elephants And Rhinos In Africa
- MH17 Probe 'Biased', Moscow 'Disappointed': Foreign Ministry
- NIA Gets Custody of PoK Duo Who Facilitated Uri Attack
- Sahara Group Has Taken Us for a Ride: SC
- Pakistani Singer Shafqat Amanat Ali's Concert in Bengaluru Cancelled
- Idols of Durga Vandalised in Bangladesh
- Kashmiri Student Booked For Sedition Over 'Anti-National' Post
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED