Modi Has the Track Record of Being a Doer: Ratan Tata
Chairman Emeritus of Tata Sons Ratan Tata today termed Prime Minister Narendra Modi as a 'doer' and said he should be given more time.
"Modi has the track record of being a doer. Gujarat is an example and one should go there to see it," Tata, who retired as chairman of Tata Sons two years back, said at an interaction organised by Ladies Study Group of Indian Chamber of Commerce here.
He said that since 1984, there was a paradigm shift in India's democracy with a political party getting single majority, unlike coalition government or a minority government.
But the government machinery had now shifted to "quick acting and growth-oriented (work) rather than government-oriented", Tata said.
- Telangana CM Offers Gold Moustache To Temple
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Kim Jong-Nam Was Killed By Lethal VX Nerve Agent
- 5 Crore Indians Suffer From Depression
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Man Sitting On Indefinite Hunger Strike Gets Married At The Protest Site
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Female Intruder From Pakistan Shot Dead, Another Arrested By The BSF
- After Ornaments, Telangana CM Now Offers Gold Moustache At Another Temple
- Business Models Of E-Tailers Running Out Of Steam, Haven't Worked, Says Mohandas Pai
- Demonetisation Sucked in Cash Like Vacuum Cleaner, Adversely Affected Consumption: IMF Official
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman