Modi Has the Track Record of Being a Doer: Ratan Tata
Chairman Emeritus of Tata Sons Ratan Tata today termed Prime Minister Narendra Modi as a 'doer' and said he should be given more time.
"Modi has the track record of being a doer. Gujarat is an example and one should go there to see it," Tata, who retired as chairman of Tata Sons two years back, said at an interaction organised by Ladies Study Group of Indian Chamber of Commerce here.
He said that since 1984, there was a paradigm shift in India's democracy with a political party getting single majority, unlike coalition government or a minority government.
But the government machinery had now shifted to "quick acting and growth-oriented (work) rather than government-oriented", Tata said.
- PM Should Also be Suspended for 'Inviting ISI to Pathankot': Mann
- Patient Shoots Doctor at Berlin Hospital, Kills Self: Police
- Irom Sharmila to Call Off Hunger Strike After 16 Years
- Devas-Antrix Deal: India Loses Arbitration Case at the Hague
- Four Militants Killed, Another Apprehended in Kupwara
- Flipkart Acquires Jabong From Global Fashion Group
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- 'Pained' by Una Episode, Many Dalits Plan to Embrace Buddhism
- British PM May Calls Sharif to Discuss Ties
- Child Labour Bill a Missed Opportunity for Children: Satyarthi
- Govt Holds Meet With RSS Affiliates Over Key Economic Issues
- HC Seeks Centre's Report on Use of Pellet Guns in Kashmir
- Psychological Warfare on Social Media Our New Threat: Rathore
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED