Modi Has the Track Record of Being a Doer: Ratan Tata
Chairman Emeritus of Tata Sons Ratan Tata today termed Prime Minister Narendra Modi as a 'doer' and said he should be given more time.
"Modi has the track record of being a doer. Gujarat is an example and one should go there to see it," Tata, who retired as chairman of Tata Sons two years back, said at an interaction organised by Ladies Study Group of Indian Chamber of Commerce here.
He said that since 1984, there was a paradigm shift in India's democracy with a political party getting single majority, unlike coalition government or a minority government.
But the government machinery had now shifted to "quick acting and growth-oriented (work) rather than government-oriented", Tata said.
- Never Blamed RSS as an Institution for Mahatma Gandhi's Killing: Rahul to SC
- Cabinet Clears Bill on Surrogacy
- Rajnath in Kashmir, Reviews Security Situation
- Sensitive Data on Scorpene Submarines Leaked
- Saradha Ponzi Case: ED Summons Nalini Chidambaram
- 38 Dead as Strong Quake Rattles Central Italy
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Anil Arora, Mr. Bookworm, R.I.P.
- Detractors Playing Into Hands of Gujarat Govt: Hardik
- Amarinder Singh Alleges Badal's Hand in Incidents of Sacrilege in Punjab
- Tremors in East, North-East India as Powerful Quake Hits Myanmar
- Are Dalits, Backwards Not Nationalists?: Rahul Asks Modi
- Pak court Reserves Verdict on Hafiz Saeed's Petition on Kashmir
- South Sudan Fighting Kills At Least 275
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED