Modi Gifts Books on Vivekananda, Bhagawad Gita to Abe
Warm vibes between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Japanese counterpart Shinzo Abe were at display today as the Indian leader arrived here on five-day visit with an aim of raising the ties to a new level.
Modi, who has been "excited" about the visit, gifted books on Swami Vivekananda and a copy of Bhagawad Gita to Abe who made a special gesture of travelling here specially to meet the Indian Prime Minister in this historic city before their formal Summit meeting in Tokyo on Monday.
Abe, who has said "India has special place in my heart", received Modi at the guest house soon after the Indian Prime Minister reached here after landing at airport in neighbouring Osaka and driving down a journey of about two hours.
Modi presented to Abe a special commemorative edition of 'Swami Vivekananda and Japan- excerpts from the life and works of Swami Vivekanand and 'Vivekananda in Japan' by Swami Medhasananda' and a copy of the Bhagawada Gita.
In addition to the Sanskrit version, a Japanese version of the Bhagawad Gita was also presented to Abe.
The two leaders also jointly participated in a Japanese ritual called 'feeding the fish', which is considered to be auspicious beginning. They went to a pond and gave the feed to the fish in it.
Abe then hosted a dinner for Modi.
Japanese Prime Minister will also treat Modi to special 'Chai' (tea) on Monday in Tokyo.
Ahead of the visit, the two Prime Ministers took to Twitter two days back to reach out to each other and the respective countries.
While Modi tweeted in Japanese language to strike a chord with the Japanese people, Abe responded hours later by saying "India has a special place in my heart".
Modi had earlier said he was eagerly looking forward to meeting Abe whose leadership he "deeply respects".
The Prime Minister will tomorrow visit the famous Toji temple.
- Amma's Niece Deepa Launches Political Forum
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Kim Jong-Nam Was Killed By Lethal VX Nerve Agent
- 5 Crore Indians Suffer From Depression
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- PM Modi Unveils 112 Feet Shiva Statue In Coimbatore
- Crime Branch Begins Probe On ABVP AISA Clash At Ramjas College
- 'Do We Belong Here?' Asks Wife Of Indian Techie Who Was Shot Dead In US
- On Jayalalithaa's 69th Birth Anniversary, Niece Deepa Launches 'MGR AMMA Deepa Forum'
- Labourers In Haryana To Get Breakfast For Rs 5, Full Meal For Rs 10
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman