Moderate Intensity Quake Jolts Andaman Islands
An earthquake of moderate intensity tonight jolted the Andaman Islands region, India Meteorological Department said.
The magnitude of the earthquake was measured 5.0 on the Richter scale, it said.
This is the fourth earthquake in less than a week the region has experienced.
On July 29, a moderate intensity quake measuring 5.5 on the Richter scale had hit off the coast of North Andaman island.
On July 31, twin earthquakes with an intensity measuring 5.9 and 4.7 on the Richter scale had hit the Andaman Sea.
The Indian Ocean and the Andaman Sea are prone to earthquakes and often records tremors.
- Major Who Tied Civilian To Army Jeep, Awarded
- Indian Cabbie Abused And Assaulted In Australia
- Rawal Wants Arundhati Roy Tied To Army Jeep Instead Of Stone-Pelters
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10