Moderate Intensity Quake Jolts Andaman Islands
An earthquake of moderate intensity tonight jolted the Andaman Islands region, India Meteorological Department said.
The magnitude of the earthquake was measured 5.0 on the Richter scale, it said.
This is the fourth earthquake in less than a week the region has experienced.
On July 29, a moderate intensity quake measuring 5.5 on the Richter scale had hit off the coast of North Andaman island.
On July 31, twin earthquakes with an intensity measuring 5.9 and 4.7 on the Richter scale had hit the Andaman Sea.
The Indian Ocean and the Andaman Sea are prone to earthquakes and often records tremors.
FROM OUTLOOKCover StoryIt was one of India's worst earthquakes. As the human loss is rendered into dry statistic, other disturbing...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBImpressionsEveryone was staring out of the window since we hamore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESSrinagar and adjoining areas experienced an aftersmore from WIRES>>>
- Cabinet Drops 1% Additional Tax From GST Bill
- RBI Slaps Rs 27-Cr Penalty on 13 Banks for FEMA Violations
- SC Critical of Magistrate Ordering Probe in Rahul Defamation Case
- Modi May Get Me Killed as Well: Kejriwal
- Sharif Describes Kashmir As 'Unfinished Agenda' of UN
- Key Witness Says Salman Khan Killed the Chinkara
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- BJP Objects to Digvijay's Tweets to His Partymen in Assembly
- Four Una Dalit Victims Admitted to Hospital Again
- Local Muslims Stayed Away From Kalam Statue Function: Ulemas
- Police Declares Eight Puri Temple Servitors As 'Absconders'
- Bharti Airtel Q1 Profit Dips 31% to Rs 1,462 Cr
- Chance for Reformation Has to be Given to Young Offenders: SC
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED