Moderate Intensity Quake Jolts Andaman Islands
An earthquake of moderate intensity tonight jolted the Andaman Islands region, India Meteorological Department said.
The magnitude of the earthquake was measured 5.0 on the Richter scale, it said.
This is the fourth earthquake in less than a week the region has experienced.
On July 29, a moderate intensity quake measuring 5.5 on the Richter scale had hit off the coast of North Andaman island.
On July 31, twin earthquakes with an intensity measuring 5.9 and 4.7 on the Richter scale had hit the Andaman Sea.
The Indian Ocean and the Andaman Sea are prone to earthquakes and often records tremors.
FROM OUTLOOKCover StoryIt was one of India's worst earthquakes. As the human loss is rendered into dry statistic, other disturbing...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBImpressionsEveryone was staring out of the window since we hamore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESSrinagar and adjoining areas experienced an aftersmore from WIRES>>>
- French Burkini Bans Face Legal Challenge as Tension Mounts
- India Talks Tough With Pak, Says Willing to Discuss Terror
- Stand By Every Word I Said on RSS: Rahul Gandhi
- Angry Mehbooba Ends Press Meet With Rajnath Abruptly
- Scorpene Leak: Navy Takes Up Issue With France's DGA
- Alternatives to Pellet Guns in Few Days: Rajnath
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Anil Arora, Mr. Bookworm, R.I.P.
- One Dead, 30 Feared Missing As Boat Capsizes in Bangladesh
- Bad Time Continues for Banks, KFA Brands Fail to Find Buyers
- Festive Fervor Grips Country on Janmashtami
- Cooperation Between India and Afghan Should Not be Against Pak: Foreign Office
- Gujarat IPS Officer Pandiyan Discharged in Sohrabuddin Case
- Manas Bhunia's Brother Joins TMC
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED