Moderate Intensity Quake Jolts Andaman Islands
An earthquake of moderate intensity tonight jolted the Andaman Islands region, India Meteorological Department said.
The magnitude of the earthquake was measured 5.0 on the Richter scale, it said.
This is the fourth earthquake in less than a week the region has experienced.
On July 29, a moderate intensity quake measuring 5.5 on the Richter scale had hit off the coast of North Andaman island.
On July 31, twin earthquakes with an intensity measuring 5.9 and 4.7 on the Richter scale had hit the Andaman Sea.
The Indian Ocean and the Andaman Sea are prone to earthquakes and often records tremors.
FROM OUTLOOKCover StoryIt was one of India's worst earthquakes. As the human loss is rendered into dry statistic, other disturbing...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBImpressionsEveryone was staring out of the window since we hamore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESSrinagar and adjoining areas experienced an aftersmore from WIRES>>>
- No Explanation, No Opportunity to Defend Myself, Says Mistry in an Explosive Mail to Board Members
- Modi-Key Talks: NZ Assures 'Constructive' Approach on NSG Bid
- Akhilesh Briefs Governor Ram Naik on Political Situation in UP
- Former Karnataka CM B.S. Yeddyurappa Acquitted of Corruption Charges
- Manipuri Student's Body Found in JNU Hostel Room
- Paul Beatty Becomes the First American to Win Booker Prize
- Neeraj Pandey's Ouch Takes on the Complexities of a Relationship
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Police Registers Assault Case Against AAP MLA Amantullah Khan
- PM Asks Officials to Analyze World Bank Report Which Ranked India 130th
- Cabinet May Consider Advancing Budget to Feb 1
- UNESCO Approves Resolution on Jerusalem That Israel Says Denies Judaism's Ties to Temple Mount
- 26/11: India Not Responding to Pak Request to Send Witnesses, Says Prosecution
- Pak Lawmakers Slam Cricketers for Doing Push-Ups After Match Win Instead of Praying
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED