MMCI Seeks Central Intervention to End Border Dispute
An association of businesses of Nagaland today said it would be a blunder to destroy the 'strong relation' between the people of the state and those of Assam because of the unresolved border issue and the recurrent spates of violence and aggression resulting out of it.
The Mokokchung Chamber of Commerce and Industries (MMCI) president Moasangba Jamir hoped that the current Nagaland-Assam border row will be resolved at the earliest and normalcy restored.
“Nagas and Ahoms have since time immemorial been living and coexisting as good neighbours and the bond and spirit of brotherhood lives on to this day. A permanent solution acceptable to both the sides will be bound out to solve the more than 50 years boundary dispute between the two states,” Jamir said in a release.
“It would bode well for both parties to listen to each other with mutual respect and engage in dialogue to resolve the issue sooner than later, leaving no room for opportunist adversaries to exploit and benefit out of the dragging border dispute,” the release said.
It expressed appreciation of the Centre's 'timely intervention' without which, the release said, the situation could have worsened, violence escalated and more lives lost leaving innocent people suffering for no fault of theirs besides causing huge economic loses.
Union Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju's concern and assurance of help to the two states were also appreciated.
“We are also please to learn of the chief ministers of Nagaland and Assam for sitting across the table and agreeing on resolving the long-pending border issue,” the association said.
The release expressed happiness that the ‘economic blockade’ by Assam-based organisations has been lifted, the MCCI said the recent violence at the borders perpetrated by 'non-state actors' was a serious violation of human rights, apart from causing huge monetary losses to the business community and the authorities concerned must ensure that it does not recur.
- Amma's Niece Deepa Launches Political Forum
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Kim Jong-Nam Was Killed By Lethal VX Nerve Agent
- 5 Crore Indians Suffer From Depression
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- On Jayalalithaa's 69th Birth Anniversary, Niece Deepa Launches 'MGR AMMA Deepa Forum'
- Labourers In Haryana To Get Breakfast For Rs 5, Full Meal For Rs 10
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Man Sitting On Indefinite Hunger Strike Gets Married At The Protest Site
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Female Intruder From Pakistan Shot Dead, Another Arrested By The BSF
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman