MMCI Seeks Central Intervention to End Border Dispute
An association of businesses of Nagaland today said it would be a blunder to destroy the 'strong relation' between the people of the state and those of Assam because of the unresolved border issue and the recurrent spates of violence and aggression resulting out of it.
The Mokokchung Chamber of Commerce and Industries (MMCI) president Moasangba Jamir hoped that the current Nagaland-Assam border row will be resolved at the earliest and normalcy restored.
“Nagas and Ahoms have since time immemorial been living and coexisting as good neighbours and the bond and spirit of brotherhood lives on to this day. A permanent solution acceptable to both the sides will be bound out to solve the more than 50 years boundary dispute between the two states,” Jamir said in a release.
“It would bode well for both parties to listen to each other with mutual respect and engage in dialogue to resolve the issue sooner than later, leaving no room for opportunist adversaries to exploit and benefit out of the dragging border dispute,” the release said.
It expressed appreciation of the Centre's 'timely intervention' without which, the release said, the situation could have worsened, violence escalated and more lives lost leaving innocent people suffering for no fault of theirs besides causing huge economic loses.
Union Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju's concern and assurance of help to the two states were also appreciated.
“We are also please to learn of the chief ministers of Nagaland and Assam for sitting across the table and agreeing on resolving the long-pending border issue,” the association said.
The release expressed happiness that the ‘economic blockade’ by Assam-based organisations has been lifted, the MCCI said the recent violence at the borders perpetrated by 'non-state actors' was a serious violation of human rights, apart from causing huge monetary losses to the business community and the authorities concerned must ensure that it does not recur.
- No Extension for Kumble, BCCI Looks For Head Coach
- 4 Women Gangraped, Man Shot Dead in UP's Bulandshahr
- Fadnavis Escapes Unhurt After Chopper Crash In Latur
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10