Minor Tension Erupts During VHP Procession
Rumour of a clash led to minor tension during a procession taken out by Vishwa Hindu Parishad here, police said today.
The incident took place last night when some miscreants wrongly told the members of the procession that a clash has broken out at a nearby chowk which created panic among them, SP Chittorgarh, Raghvendra Suhasa said.
As the rumour spread, some of the members rushed to the said spot and damaged some vehicles and an electricity meter, he said.
However, the situation was brought under control by the police and primary investigation reveals that there were two groups within the outfit and a member of one of the group created the rumour, the SP said.
There were also reports of stone pelting at the procession which later turned out to be false, he added.
Meanwhile, after the procession ended, a man and his son belonging to a minority community were thrashed by unidentified persons at a nearby area.
"However, it is not clear whether it was connected with the tension erupted during the procession and the matter is being investigated," he said.
"We have registered cases and will take appropriate action against those involved in the incidents," he said.
FROM OUTLOOKCover StoryThe Supreme Court verdict in the Manohar Joshi case raises fears that the next poll campaigns...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBFor the recordI want to expresse shock and protest the traffickimore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESConspirators in the Malegaon blast had planned tomore from WIRES>>>
- French Burkini Bans Face Legal Challenge as Tension Mounts
- India Talks Tough With Pak, Says Willing to Discuss Terror
- Stand By Every Word I Said on RSS: Rahul Gandhi
- Angry Mehbooba Ends Press Meet With Rajnath Abruptly
- Scorpene Leak: Navy Takes Up Issue With France's DGA
- Alternatives to Pellet Guns in Few Days: Rajnath
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Anil Arora, Mr. Bookworm, R.I.P.
- One Dead, 30 Feared Missing As Boat Capsizes in Bangladesh
- Bad Time Continues for Banks, KFA Brands Fail to Find Buyers
- Festive Fervor Grips Country on Janmashtami
- Cooperation Between India and Afghan Should Not be Against Pak: Foreign Office
- Gujarat IPS Officer Pandiyan Discharged in Sohrabuddin Case
- Manas Bhunia's Brother Joins TMC
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED