Minor Tension Erupts During VHP Procession
Rumour of a clash led to minor tension during a procession taken out by Vishwa Hindu Parishad here, police said today.
The incident took place last night when some miscreants wrongly told the members of the procession that a clash has broken out at a nearby chowk which created panic among them, SP Chittorgarh, Raghvendra Suhasa said.
As the rumour spread, some of the members rushed to the said spot and damaged some vehicles and an electricity meter, he said.
However, the situation was brought under control by the police and primary investigation reveals that there were two groups within the outfit and a member of one of the group created the rumour, the SP said.
There were also reports of stone pelting at the procession which later turned out to be false, he added.
Meanwhile, after the procession ended, a man and his son belonging to a minority community were thrashed by unidentified persons at a nearby area.
"However, it is not clear whether it was connected with the tension erupted during the procession and the matter is being investigated," he said.
"We have registered cases and will take appropriate action against those involved in the incidents," he said.
- Amma's Niece Deepa Launches Political Forum
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Kim Jong-Nam Was Killed By Lethal VX Nerve Agent
- 5 Crore Indians Suffer From Depression
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- On Jayalalithaa's 69th Birth Anniversary, Niece Deepa Launches 'MGR AMMA Deepa Forum'
- Labourers In Haryana To Get Breakfast For Rs 5, Full Meal For Rs 10
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Man Sitting On Indefinite Hunger Strike Gets Married At The Protest Site
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Female Intruder From Pakistan Shot Dead, Another Arrested By The BSF
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman