Minor Tension Erupts During VHP Procession
Rumour of a clash led to minor tension during a procession taken out by Vishwa Hindu Parishad here, police said today.
The incident took place last night when some miscreants wrongly told the members of the procession that a clash has broken out at a nearby chowk which created panic among them, SP Chittorgarh, Raghvendra Suhasa said.
As the rumour spread, some of the members rushed to the said spot and damaged some vehicles and an electricity meter, he said.
However, the situation was brought under control by the police and primary investigation reveals that there were two groups within the outfit and a member of one of the group created the rumour, the SP said.
There were also reports of stone pelting at the procession which later turned out to be false, he added.
Meanwhile, after the procession ended, a man and his son belonging to a minority community were thrashed by unidentified persons at a nearby area.
"However, it is not clear whether it was connected with the tension erupted during the procession and the matter is being investigated," he said.
"We have registered cases and will take appropriate action against those involved in the incidents," he said.
FROM OUTLOOKCover StoryThe Supreme Court verdict in the Manohar Joshi case raises fears that the next poll campaigns...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinion“I believe 'soft' Hindutva is coming. What hmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESConspirators in the Malegaon blast had planned tomore from WIRES>>>
- Seven Pak Rangers Killed, One Terrorist Shot Down in Retaliatory Firing at IB in Kathua: BSF
- IS Jihadists Attack Iraq's Kirkuk in Mosul Diversion, 16 Dead
- SC Tightens Noose Around BCCI, Chokes Funds to State Units
- Govt Assures Prompt Action on ATM Card Data Breach
- Trump's National Political Director 'Steps Back' From Campaign
- Five Naval Men Held for Attacking Youth in Goa
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- This 'Chaiwala' From Pakistan First Broke The Internet; Now He Has A Modelling Contract
- Daily Curator: How To Burn A Hole In Your Food Pipe And Other Stories
- Watch: Jack Reacher-Never Go Back Trailer
- No Need for Comments After Varun's Clarification: BJP
- USA: Twitter, Spotify Disrupted as Internet Provider Reports Attack
- Sheena Bora Case: CBI Files Second Supplementary Charge Sheet
- Wipro Q2 Net Profit Dips 7.6% at Rs 2,070 Crore
- BJP Demands NIA Probe Into Killings of RSS, Party Activists
- Akhilesh Skips Meet Where Shivpal Declares Him CM Nominee
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Notice to Katju on Petition Against His Blog Post on Beef
- Following Rajnath Singh's Orders, Delhi Police Forms SIT to Trace Missing JNU Student
- Discriminatory Practises Cannot Be Held Integral to Freedom of Religion: Law Minister on Triple Talaq
- Congress' Rita Bahuguna Joins BJP, Hits Out at Rahul for 'Khoon Ki Dalali'