Minor Tension Erupts During VHP Procession
Rumour of a clash led to minor tension during a procession taken out by Vishwa Hindu Parishad here, police said today.
The incident took place last night when some miscreants wrongly told the members of the procession that a clash has broken out at a nearby chowk which created panic among them, SP Chittorgarh, Raghvendra Suhasa said.
As the rumour spread, some of the members rushed to the said spot and damaged some vehicles and an electricity meter, he said.
However, the situation was brought under control by the police and primary investigation reveals that there were two groups within the outfit and a member of one of the group created the rumour, the SP said.
There were also reports of stone pelting at the procession which later turned out to be false, he added.
Meanwhile, after the procession ended, a man and his son belonging to a minority community were thrashed by unidentified persons at a nearby area.
"However, it is not clear whether it was connected with the tension erupted during the procession and the matter is being investigated," he said.
"We have registered cases and will take appropriate action against those involved in the incidents," he said.
- Major Who Tied Civilian To Army Jeep, Awarded
- Indian Cabbie Abused And Assaulted In Australia
- Rawal Wants Arundhati Roy Tied To Army Jeep Instead Of Stone-Pelters
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10