Minor Allegedly Gangraped by Five Youths in Mathura
A minor girl was allegedly gangraped by five youths near a school here, police said today.
The incident took place yesterday afternoon under the Sadar Bazar police station.
"The accused will be nabbed shortly. The medical examination of the girl has been conducted and she has been sent for test to Agra," SSP Nitin Tewari said.
The girl had gone near the school with a boy known to her family.
In the FIR, the girl has alleged that the five youths came there and overpowered them. They then beat up the boy and forced him to leave the spot.
"Not only I was beaten and overpowered by the five youths, but the boy was also beaten up by them and forced to leave the place. Then they gangraped," the girl has alleged in the FIR.
The police paraded over two dozen youths before the girl, but she did not point a finger at any of them, the SSP said.
"Though it is a blind case, but the miscreants will be nabbed shortly," the district police chief said.
FROM OUTLOOKCrimeA series of shocking crimes that began the year seal Delhi's reputation as an anti-woman city...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinionExtracted with permission from Rama Lakshmi's persmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESA 24-year-old MBA student was kidnapped and allegmore from WIRES>>>
- Nationalism is the Identity of BJP: Narendra Modi
- IITs to Admit Non-Resident Students
- Pakistan-Not-Hell Remark Lands Kannada Actor in Sedition Net?
- Gujarat: 50 Cong MLAs Suspended From Assembly, Ruckus Over Una Incident
- Toxic Gas Leak at B'desh Fertiliser Unit Sickens 250, Plugged
- Opposition MLAs Marshaled Out, Pandemonium in UP Assembly
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Anil Arora, Mr. Bookworm, R.I.P.
- Delhi: Fire Triggers Building Collapse, 250 Bikes Gutted
- Upset Over SC Curb on Dahi Handi, Record-Holding Mandal to Return Award
- Surat: Two Dead, One Suffers Partial Sight Loss After Consuming Hooch
- BJP Interfering in Federal Structure, TMC Complains to President
- Cow is Mother of Not Only Hindus But Also of Muslims: Swaroopanand
- South Africa, New Zealand Test Drawn After Match Abandoned
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED