Milk Price Up By 14.50% in Last One Year
Making it clear that milk price is not regulated by it, government today said milk price in the country has risen by 14.50 per cent in last one year.
"Between May 2013 and May 2014, the average procurement price of milk has risen by 17.68 per cent while the consumer price (sale price) of milk has risen by 14.50 per cent in the cooperative sector," Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh told Lok Sabha.
Singh said price of milk is not regulated by the government and on average, milk prices are determined by the cooperatives and private dairies two to three times in a year.
"The last increase in price of milk and milk product was reported in May 2014. This increase is reportedly on account of increase in milk procurement price," he said.
The Minister said the government has withdrawn five per cent incentive on skimmed milk powder exports under the Vishesh Krishi and Gram Udyog Yojana on July 15.
- Telangana CM Offers Gold Moustache To Temple
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Kim Jong-Nam Was Killed By Lethal VX Nerve Agent
- 5 Crore Indians Suffer From Depression
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Man Sitting On Indefinite Hunger Strike Gets Married At The Protest Site
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Female Intruder From Pakistan Shot Dead, Another Arrested By The BSF
- After Ornaments, Telangana CM Now Offers Gold Moustache At Another Temple
- Business Models Of E-Tailers Running Out Of Steam, Haven't Worked, Says Mohandas Pai
- Demonetisation Sucked in Cash Like Vacuum Cleaner, Adversely Affected Consumption: IMF Official
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman