Milk Price Up By 14.50% in Last One Year
Making it clear that milk price is not regulated by it, government today said milk price in the country has risen by 14.50 per cent in last one year.
"Between May 2013 and May 2014, the average procurement price of milk has risen by 17.68 per cent while the consumer price (sale price) of milk has risen by 14.50 per cent in the cooperative sector," Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh told Lok Sabha.
Singh said price of milk is not regulated by the government and on average, milk prices are determined by the cooperatives and private dairies two to three times in a year.
"The last increase in price of milk and milk product was reported in May 2014. This increase is reportedly on account of increase in milk procurement price," he said.
The Minister said the government has withdrawn five per cent incentive on skimmed milk powder exports under the Vishesh Krishi and Gram Udyog Yojana on July 15.
FROM OUTLOOKEconomyPre-election moves keep inflation at a below-seven rate, at the cost of industry...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBFor The RecordGood morning. It is a pleasure to welcome learnedmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESMumbai, Sept 3 (PTI) Prices of castorseeds futuresmore from WIRES>>>
- Pak Balochistan Province Assembly Resolution Condemns Modi
- PM's Fresh Bid on Kashmir: Talks of 'Ekta' And 'Mamata'
- JNU Rape Case: Varsity Suspends Accused Scholar
- Curfew in Some Parts of Srinagar, Two Towns in South Kashmir
- Trump Vows to Begin Deportations Immediately If Sworn In
- Pak: LeJ Terrorists Involved in Lanka Cricket Team Attack Killed
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Wet Outfield Denies India Chance to Level Series
- Delhi: 15-Year-Old Beaten to Death by Three Classmates, Says Police
- Scorpene Leak: DCNS Moves Aussie Court for Injunction Against The Australian
- Vadra, BJP MLA Engage in Verbal Spat Over Shaktiman
- Merkel Rejects Muslim Migrant Ban, Urges Fair Distribution
- Minor Raped by Juvenile Neighbour in Delhi
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED