Milk Price Up By 14.50% in Last One Year
Making it clear that milk price is not regulated by it, government today said milk price in the country has risen by 14.50 per cent in last one year.
"Between May 2013 and May 2014, the average procurement price of milk has risen by 17.68 per cent while the consumer price (sale price) of milk has risen by 14.50 per cent in the cooperative sector," Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh told Lok Sabha.
Singh said price of milk is not regulated by the government and on average, milk prices are determined by the cooperatives and private dairies two to three times in a year.
"The last increase in price of milk and milk product was reported in May 2014. This increase is reportedly on account of increase in milk procurement price," he said.
The Minister said the government has withdrawn five per cent incentive on skimmed milk powder exports under the Vishesh Krishi and Gram Udyog Yojana on July 15.
- Forced to Marry Pak Man, Uzma Returns, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- HRD Minister Assures To Declare CBSE Results On Time
- Maharashtra CM Escapes Unhurt After His Helicopter Crash Lands In Latur
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10