Milk Price Up By 14.50% in Last One Year
Making it clear that milk price is not regulated by it, government today said milk price in the country has risen by 14.50 per cent in last one year.
"Between May 2013 and May 2014, the average procurement price of milk has risen by 17.68 per cent while the consumer price (sale price) of milk has risen by 14.50 per cent in the cooperative sector," Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh told Lok Sabha.
Singh said price of milk is not regulated by the government and on average, milk prices are determined by the cooperatives and private dairies two to three times in a year.
"The last increase in price of milk and milk product was reported in May 2014. This increase is reportedly on account of increase in milk procurement price," he said.
The Minister said the government has withdrawn five per cent incentive on skimmed milk powder exports under the Vishesh Krishi and Gram Udyog Yojana on July 15.
FROM OUTLOOKEconomyPre-election moves keep inflation at a below-seven rate, at the cost of industry...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBFor The RecordGood morning. It is a pleasure to welcome learnedmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESMumbai, Sept 3 (PTI) Prices of castorseeds futuresmore from WIRES>>>
- Open the Dam Shutters, SC Asks Karnataka to Release 6000 Cusecs of Water to TN
- After Indus Water Treaty, India Will Now Review the Most Favoured Nation Status Given to Pak
- Corruption Accused Ex-Corporate Affairs DG Bansal Commits Suicide Along With Son
- Clinton Puts Trump on Defensive in Fiery First Presidential Debate
- USA: Nine Injured in Shooting at Strip Mall in Houston
- Abandon 'Dream' of Obtaining Kashmir: Swaraj to Pakistan
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Watch: A Poacher's Court Tries To Save Elephants And Rhinos In Africa
- US Bans Many Soaps With Harmful Chemicals, Indians Too at Health Risk
- 6-Year-Old Boy Wonder Cooks Kerala's Puttu for US Audience on Ellen Show
- Bound By Chain Great Dane Starved To Death
- Yashvardhan Sinha Appointed India's High Commissioner to UK
- BSF Orders More Non-Lethal Weapons for Use at Bangladesh Border
- Pathankot on High Alert, Search Operation Launched
- Curfew Relaxed for Six Hours in Kishtwar District of J&K
- India Confronts Pak Envoy With Proof of Uri Attack's Cross Border Origins
- Pakistani Actors Should Condemn Uri Attack: Anupam Kher
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED