Militant's Body Recovered in Search Operation
Body of a militant was today recovered from a house during a search operation launched by security forces in Baramulla district of Kashmir.
"Police recovered a body of a militant from Suraipora in Kreeri area of Baramulla. This militant had snatched rifle of a policeman in Pattan few days back," a police spokesman said.
The spokesman said acting on a tip off, police and other security forces launched a cordon in Suraipora village.
"While the cordon was being laid, few gunshots were heard from a house. The police party approached the house and recovered the body of Mudasir Ahmad Sofi, resident of Palhalan in Pattan," he said.
He said police also recovered an INSAS rifle from near the deceased along with some used cartridges.
"Initial investigation revealed that the rifle belonged to the policeman who was attacked in Pattan with an axe few days back," he added.
FROM OUTLOOKterrorismNot a Pak-Afghan-bred radical, the new Islamic warrior could be a regular American guy, swayed by Al Qaeda,...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinionThe second half of the month of Ramzan witnessed amore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESIn a major clampdown on Islamic radical groups, jumore from WIRES>>>
- Congress Derails RS Proceedings Over Private Member Bill on AP
- Supreme Court Allows Abortion of 24-Week Old Foetus
- Two Killed, 17 Injured in Florida Nightclub Shooting Rampage
- SC Notice to Vijay Mallya on Petition of Consortium of Banks
- Sidhu Blasts BJP, Doesn't Say If He Is Joining AAP
- Chinkara Case: Rajasthan High Court Acquits Salman Khan
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Assam: UPLA Chief Nikunja Kathar Arrested
- Una Incident: Dalit Writer From Gujarat to Return His Award
- Pranab Da Guided Me Like a Guardian: Modi
- Transport Employees Launch Indefinite Strike in Karnataka
- Army Arrests Wanted Terrorist in Assam
- UNSC Mandates Must Recognise Ground Realities: India
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED