Militant's Body Recovered in Search Operation
Body of a militant was today recovered from a house during a search operation launched by security forces in Baramulla district of Kashmir.
"Police recovered a body of a militant from Suraipora in Kreeri area of Baramulla. This militant had snatched rifle of a policeman in Pattan few days back," a police spokesman said.
The spokesman said acting on a tip off, police and other security forces launched a cordon in Suraipora village.
"While the cordon was being laid, few gunshots were heard from a house. The police party approached the house and recovered the body of Mudasir Ahmad Sofi, resident of Palhalan in Pattan," he said.
He said police also recovered an INSAS rifle from near the deceased along with some used cartridges.
"Initial investigation revealed that the rifle belonged to the policeman who was attacked in Pattan with an axe few days back," he added.
- CBI Court Grants Bail to Advani, Joshi And Uma Bharti
- Rai To Meet Kohli, Kumble To Resolve Issues Around Coach's Appointment
- Bilkis Bano Rape Case: SC Refuses to Hear Plea of Convicted IPS Officer Bhagora
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10