Militants Attack Security Convoy, 8 BSF Jawans Injured Ahead of Modi's Visit
Eight BSF personnel, including an officer, were injured when militants attacked their convoy at Pampore in south Kashmir's Pulwama district, police said today.
Militants opened fire on the BSF convoy at Kadlabal in Pampore town around midnight last night as the security personnel were returning to their camps after performing security duties for the 44-day Amarnath yatra which concluded on Sunday.
The attack came ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to the state today.
Eight BSF men including an Assistant Commandant were injured in the attack, the police said, adding the BSF personnel were travelling in two vehicles.
The injured have been admitted to Army's 92 Base Hospital at Badamibagh here.
- Burhan Wani's Successor Sabzar Bhat, Killed
- After Rahul, Akhilesh Denied Entry To Saharanpur
- WHO Confirms First Zika Cases From Ahmedabad
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10