MHA Serves Notice to 21,493 NGOs Under FCRA
Over 21,000 NGOs were served a notice by the Home Ministry for not submitting annual returns under the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, Rajya Sabha was informed today.
Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju said notices were served to the 21,493 associations for not submitting annual returns for the period of 2006-09 and all of them were asked to reply along with postal proof or any other proof of address.
Rijiju said in case of 4,138 NGOs, letters dispatched from the Home Ministry were returned undelivered by the post office as addresses were not found and after due consideration their registrations were cancelled.
There are 42,529 NGOs registered under the FCRA as on July 16, 2014. However, there is no specific data available with respect to NGOs not registered under the FCRA, he said.
- K.P.S. Gill, Who Killed Terrorism In Punjab, Dies
- K.P.S. Gill: The Man Who Won The Terror Battle In Punjab
- K.P.S. Gill Ruled Indian Hockey With An Iron Fist
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' to release in China
- Angry Over Amit Shah's Comment, Telangana CM Says No Final Decision On Supporting BJP For President Post
- Indian Woman Uzma, Who Was Forced to Marry Pakistani Man, Returns Home, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- Malayali Man Brings His Pakistani Lover And Her Parents to India With Fake Docs, All Detained in Bengaluru
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10