MHA Serves Notice to 21,493 NGOs Under FCRA
Over 21,000 NGOs were served a notice by the Home Ministry for not submitting annual returns under the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, Rajya Sabha was informed today.
Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju said notices were served to the 21,493 associations for not submitting annual returns for the period of 2006-09 and all of them were asked to reply along with postal proof or any other proof of address.
Rijiju said in case of 4,138 NGOs, letters dispatched from the Home Ministry were returned undelivered by the post office as addresses were not found and after due consideration their registrations were cancelled.
There are 42,529 NGOs registered under the FCRA as on July 16, 2014. However, there is no specific data available with respect to NGOs not registered under the FCRA, he said.
- Indian Origin Punjabi Bus Driver Burnt to Death in Australia
- SC Dismisses Petition, Says Armed Forces Answerable To Government
- Fifteen Pakistan Rangers Killed In BSF's Retaliatory Fire In The Past Week
- Judges Selection: SC Slams Centre for Bringing Courts to a Grinding Halt
- US Charges 61 People in Multi-Million Dollar Indian Call Center Scam
- Pak Violates Ceasefire Along LoC in Jammu, Rajouri, Kathua, Girl Injured
- Daily Curator: While India Plays Spy-Spy With Pakistan, China Issues Gentle Reminder
- Watch: Donald Trump Pulls Out All The Stops With 'Ab Ki Baar, Trump Sarkar'
- Daily Curator: What Happens In Family May Not Stay So
- Neeraj Pandey's Ouch Takes on the Complexities of a Relationship
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- India Third in Terror Deaths After ISIS-Boko Haram Areas: SC Told
- War No Option, Pak Should Take Initiative for Peace: Mehbooba
- Pak Army Says No Soldiers Killed in Firing at Border
- DND Flyway onnecting Noida to Delhi to Remain Toll Free: SC
- Swamy Asks PM to Form Multi-Agency SIT to Probe Tatas
- Northern Ireland Rejects Brexit Court Challenge
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED