MHA Serves Notice to 21,493 NGOs Under FCRA
Over 21,000 NGOs were served a notice by the Home Ministry for not submitting annual returns under the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, Rajya Sabha was informed today.
Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju said notices were served to the 21,493 associations for not submitting annual returns for the period of 2006-09 and all of them were asked to reply along with postal proof or any other proof of address.
Rijiju said in case of 4,138 NGOs, letters dispatched from the Home Ministry were returned undelivered by the post office as addresses were not found and after due consideration their registrations were cancelled.
There are 42,529 NGOs registered under the FCRA as on July 16, 2014. However, there is no specific data available with respect to NGOs not registered under the FCRA, he said.
- Congress Derails RS Proceedings Over Private Member Bill on AP
- Supreme Court Allows Abortion of 24-Week Old Foetus
- Two Killed, 17 Injured in Florida Nightclub Shooting Rampage
- SC Notice to Vijay Mallya on Petition of Consortium of Banks
- Sidhu Blasts BJP, Doesn't Say If He Is Joining AAP
- Chinkara Case: Rajasthan High Court Acquits Salman Khan
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Assam: UPLA Chief Nikunja Kathar Arrested
- Una Incident: Dalit Writer From Gujarat to Return His Award
- Pranab Da Guided Me Like a Guardian: Modi
- Transport Employees Launch Indefinite Strike in Karnataka
- Army Arrests Wanted Terrorist in Assam
- UNSC Mandates Must Recognise Ground Realities: India
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED