MHA Serves Notice to 21,493 NGOs Under FCRA
Over 21,000 NGOs were served a notice by the Home Ministry for not submitting annual returns under the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, Rajya Sabha was informed today.
Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju said notices were served to the 21,493 associations for not submitting annual returns for the period of 2006-09 and all of them were asked to reply along with postal proof or any other proof of address.
Rijiju said in case of 4,138 NGOs, letters dispatched from the Home Ministry were returned undelivered by the post office as addresses were not found and after due consideration their registrations were cancelled.
There are 42,529 NGOs registered under the FCRA as on July 16, 2014. However, there is no specific data available with respect to NGOs not registered under the FCRA, he said.
- Outlook's Agony Aunt
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Hafiz Saeed A Serious Threat To Nation: Pak's Defence Minister
- CBI Searches Former Chief A.P. Singh's Residence
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Terrorists Attack Near Pakistan Court, Casualties Feared
- BSF Foils Infiltration Bid Along LoC, Militant Killed
- Sensex Climbs Up 65 Points in Early Trade
- Swear by 'Ganga Maiyya' on Power Supply Issue: Akhilesh to PM
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- Publisher Cancels Right-Wing Provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos' Book Dangerous
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Wary Of Indian Space-Tech, China Plans On Fast-Tracking Its Rocket Launches
- 'He Would Put His Fingers Inside Me, Move My Leg Around': US Gymnasts Accuse Former Team Doctor
- Stockholm-Based Think-Tank Says India Was The World's Largest Arms Importer In The Past Five Years
- Woman Allegedly Raped Near South Delhi's Hauz Khas Village