Metro Rail Project Proposed for Tirupati Temple Town
Andhra Pradesh government aims to complete two metro rail projects – in Visakhapatnam and VGTM (Vijayawada-Guntur-Tenali-Mangalagiri) area - within three-and-half-years and it has proposed a similar venture for the temple town of Tirupati.
The state government has assigned the construction of these two projects to Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), whose principal adviser E Sreedharan has been appointed as the adviser for the AP government on the metro rail projects.
During a meeting with Sreedharan at his office today, Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu noted that the state would initially have these two metro rail projects and asked him to complete both within three-and-a-half years.
The state government also proposed a metro rail project for Tirupati, but it would be taken up after completion of the Visakhapatnam and VGTM ventures, an official release said.
The Chief Minister asked Sreedharan to prepare a feasibility report for a rail-based mass rapid transit system, it was stated.
Sreedharan assured the Chief Minister that DMRC would support and assist the state government "in every way possible," the release stated.
Chief Secretary IYR Krishna Rao and Adviser (Communications) to the state government, Dr Parakala Prabhakar were among those present during the meeting.
- K.P.S. Gill, Who Killed Terrorism In Punjab, Dies
- K.P.S. Gill: The Man Who Won The Terror Battle In Punjab
- K.P.S. Gill Ruled Indian Hockey With An Iron Fist
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' to release in China
- Angry Over Amit Shah's Comment, Telangana CM Says No Final Decision On Supporting BJP For President Post
- Indian Woman Uzma, Who Was Forced to Marry Pakistani Man, Returns Home, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- Malayali Man Brings His Pakistani Lover And Her Parents to India With Fake Docs, All Detained in Bengaluru
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10