'Mary Kom' May Be Declared Tax Free
The biopic on star Olympic boxer Mary Kom with Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra in the lead role might become tax free as the makers are seeking exemption benefits for the movie.
"We are trying very hard to get it tax free. We are getting through Censor process.. Hopefully if everything works alright then we will share the good news. We are hoping it will come through," Ajit Andhare, COO Viacom 18 told reporters here last night.
Various state governments including Maharashtra, Bihar, UP and others had declared Farhan Akhtar starrer Bhaag Milkha Bhaag, a biopic on legendary athlete Milkha Singh, as tax free.
Mary came with her husband K Onler Kom at the music launch of the film along with the cast of the movie. The boxing champion hopes the film will release in Manipur.
"They are surely trying to release the film there (Manipur). It is not in my hand to release it in my home town. Even government is trying to release the film there. If we get permission (to screen the film there) then great," Mary said.
"No one was aware about Manipur for many years. After the Olympic medal they know where Manipur is. After the film I hope there will be more recognition," she said.
Produced by Viacom18 Motion Pictures and Sanjay Leela Bhansali with debutant director Omung Kumar, Mary Kom is based on the true story of Mangte Chungneijang Mary Kom. The film will hit theatres on September 5.
- Forced to Marry Pak Man, Uzma Returns, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- HRD Minister Assures To Declare CBSE Results On Time
- Maharashtra CM Escapes Unhurt After His Helicopter Crash Lands In Latur
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10