'Mary Kom' May Be Declared Tax Free
The biopic on star Olympic boxer Mary Kom with Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra in the lead role might become tax free as the makers are seeking exemption benefits for the movie.
"We are trying very hard to get it tax free. We are getting through Censor process.. Hopefully if everything works alright then we will share the good news. We are hoping it will come through," Ajit Andhare, COO Viacom 18 told reporters here last night.
Various state governments including Maharashtra, Bihar, UP and others had declared Farhan Akhtar starrer Bhaag Milkha Bhaag, a biopic on legendary athlete Milkha Singh, as tax free.
Mary came with her husband K Onler Kom at the music launch of the film along with the cast of the movie. The boxing champion hopes the film will release in Manipur.
"They are surely trying to release the film there (Manipur). It is not in my hand to release it in my home town. Even government is trying to release the film there. If we get permission (to screen the film there) then great," Mary said.
"No one was aware about Manipur for many years. After the Olympic medal they know where Manipur is. After the film I hope there will be more recognition," she said.
Produced by Viacom18 Motion Pictures and Sanjay Leela Bhansali with debutant director Omung Kumar, Mary Kom is based on the true story of Mangte Chungneijang Mary Kom. The film will hit theatres on September 5.
- Telangana CM Offers Gold Moustache To Temple
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Kim Jong-Nam Was Killed By Lethal VX Nerve Agent
- 5 Crore Indians Suffer From Depression
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Man Sitting On Indefinite Hunger Strike Gets Married At The Protest Site
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Female Intruder From Pakistan Shot Dead, Another Arrested By The BSF
- After Ornaments, Telangana CM Now Offers Gold Moustache At Another Temple
- Business Models Of E-Tailers Running Out Of Steam, Haven't Worked, Says Mohandas Pai
- Demonetisation Sucked in Cash Like Vacuum Cleaner, Adversely Affected Consumption: IMF Official
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman