'Mary Kom' May Be Declared Tax Free
The biopic on star Olympic boxer Mary Kom with Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra in the lead role might become tax free as the makers are seeking exemption benefits for the movie.
"We are trying very hard to get it tax free. We are getting through Censor process.. Hopefully if everything works alright then we will share the good news. We are hoping it will come through," Ajit Andhare, COO Viacom 18 told reporters here last night.
Various state governments including Maharashtra, Bihar, UP and others had declared Farhan Akhtar starrer Bhaag Milkha Bhaag, a biopic on legendary athlete Milkha Singh, as tax free.
Mary came with her husband K Onler Kom at the music launch of the film along with the cast of the movie. The boxing champion hopes the film will release in Manipur.
"They are surely trying to release the film there (Manipur). It is not in my hand to release it in my home town. Even government is trying to release the film there. If we get permission (to screen the film there) then great," Mary said.
"No one was aware about Manipur for many years. After the Olympic medal they know where Manipur is. After the film I hope there will be more recognition," she said.
Produced by Viacom18 Motion Pictures and Sanjay Leela Bhansali with debutant director Omung Kumar, Mary Kom is based on the true story of Mangte Chungneijang Mary Kom. The film will hit theatres on September 5.
FROM OUTLOOKCinemaA retrospective of the master's early works, resurrected from old damaged prints, enthrals audiences across the US...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBThe hype around the launch of Kabali is another remore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESHollywood actor Mel Gibson has paid a touching trimore from WIRES>>>
- Nationalism is the Identity of BJP: Narendra Modi
- IITs to Admit Non-Resident Students
- Pakistan-Not-Hell Remark Lands Kannada Actor in Sedition Net?
- Gujarat: 50 Cong MLAs Suspended From Assembly, Ruckus Over Una Incident
- Toxic Gas Leak at B'desh Fertiliser Unit Sickens 250, Plugged
- Opposition MLAs Marshaled Out, Pandemonium in UP Assembly
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Anil Arora, Mr. Bookworm, R.I.P.
- Delhi: Fire Triggers Building Collapse, 250 Bikes Gutted
- Upset Over SC Curb on Dahi Handi, Record-Holding Mandal to Return Award
- Surat: Two Dead, One Suffers Partial Sight Loss After Consuming Hooch
- BJP Interfering in Federal Structure, TMC Complains to President
- Cow is Mother of Not Only Hindus But Also of Muslims: Swaroopanand
- South Africa, New Zealand Test Drawn After Match Abandoned
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED