Mark Zuckerberg's Charity Challenge to Bill Gates
Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg has become the latest celebrity to be doused by a bucket of ice-cold water -- and now he wants Bill Gates to follow suit.
Aimed at raising awareness and cash for the fight against Lou Gehrig's disease, the Ice Bucket Challenge has become a viral craze in the United States in recent weeks.
It involves celebrities soaking themselves in icy water before challenging other well-known personalities to do the same -- or else make a donation to the ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) Foundation, which heads the fight against Lou Gehrig's.
Zuckerberg, who was nominated for the challenge by New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, laughed as he tipped the ice over himself before daring Microsoft titan Bill Gates, to do the same.
He also challenged Facebook executive Sheryl Sandberg and Netflix director Reed Hastings to follow suit.
"You guys have 24 hours to complete the challenge or you have to donate to the ALS foundation -- or both," he said.
Television star Jimmy Fallon, singer Justin Timberlake and actor Mickey Rourke, along with several sports stars have all taken the challenge in recent weeks.
Even the 86-year-old widow of Robert Kennedy, Ethel Kennedy, has taken the challenge -- urging President Barack Obama to follow suit. Obama declined, but made a donation instead.
According to the ALS, the scheme has raised USD 5.
- Outlook's Agony Aunt
- 2 Indians Die Every Minute Due to Air Pollution: Study
- Soon, Passport Can Be Applied At Post Offices
- NGT Slaps Rs 10Lakh Fine On Noida-Based Water Bottling Unit
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Jet Airways Restores Contact With ATC After German Authorites Send Fighter Jets for Fear Of Hijack
- 61.16 Per Cent Turnout in UP Phase-3: Polling Peaceful
- People Will Take Revenge on BJP For Note Ban: Rahul, Akhilesh
- Ravi Shankar Prasad Dares Congress, SP, BSP to Clarify Stand on Triple Talaq
- UP Polls: Over 55 Per Cent Turnout Till 4 PM
- Mulayam Clarifies No Rift In SP, Confident Akhilesh Will Be CM
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Watch: Delhi College Guard Brutally Beats Street Dog To Death, Case Registered After Video Goes Viral
- Modi Promised 'Acche Din' Like SRK In DDLJ, Ended Up Being Sholay's Gabbar, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Pakistan Senate Passes Landmark Hindu Marriage Bill
- Bangladesh Bans Irrfan Khan Starrer Biopic No Bed of Roses