Maoist-TPC Encounter in Jharkhand, 15 Dead: Police
An encounter took place between two rebel outfits, Tritiya Prastuti Committee (TPC) and CPI(Maoist) in Palamau district in the early hours today, in which at least 15 TPC men were killed, police said.
However, no body was recovered and a search operation is on, they said.
"People of Kouriya village informed us that 15 or 16 TPC naxalites were killed by the Maoists after an exchange of gunfire. The villagers said all the bodies were carried away by other TPC ultras who also took away the weapons of the dead," Superintendent of Police of neighbouring Latehar district, Michael S Raj said.
Raj is leading the search operation for bodies as Palamau SP Y S Ramesh is on leave.
Asked whether any ultra from the CPI (Maoist) was killed, he said they had no information on that.
Earlier, Deputy Inspector General of Police (Palamau Range) Ravi Kant Dhan told reporters here that the incident occurred between 2 AM and 3 AM at a spot, about 55 km from here.
A couple of years ago, the TPC ultras had killed ten Maoists in neighbouring Chatra district.
The TPC is a splinter group of the CPI (Maoist).
- Major Who Tied Civilian To Army Jeep, Awarded
- Indian Cabbie Abused And Assaulted In Australia
- Rawal Wants Arundhati Roy Tied To Army Jeep Instead Of Stone-Pelters
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10