Maoist Courier Among Four Held in Chhattisgarh
Four naxals, one of them suspected to be an urban conduit, were arrested from Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Kanker district today, police said.
"The cadres were apprehended from separate restive locations by different teams of district force," Kanker SP R N Dash told PTI.
While Ramau Ram Boga (22) and Kaliram Ram Boga (25), against whom arrest warrants were issued earlier, were held from Rasoli village under Bhanupratappur police station limits, Ram Kumar Komra (32) was rounded up from Tadoki police station area, the SP said.
They were allegedly involved in cases of kidnapping, murder and planting explosives etc., he said.
"A suspected naxal conduit, Rakesh Bhuarya (23), who was active in the urban channel of Dalli Rajhra area committee of the banned outfit, was nabbed from Kacche outpost of Bhanupratappur police station limits," the SP said.
According to the officer, Bhuarya allegedly played a crucial role in supplying ration, medicines and commodities to the naxals camps located in deep forests in the region.
"Apart from that he was a key naxal informer and also helped them in putting up posters and banners during Maoist bandh," Dash said.
- SC Seeks EC's Response
- Indian Woman, Son Found Murdered in US, Probe Launched
- Should Sidhu Be Allowed to Multitask?
- Aadhaar Not Needed For Mid-Day Meals
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Govt Staff in Bareilly Barred From Wearing Jeans, T-Shirts at Work
- Release Funds to State Bodies for Holding Matches: SC Tells BCCI
- 1984 Riots: SC Asks Govt to Give Files of 199 'Closed' Cases
- Counter-Terrorist Operations Claimed 92 Soldiers in J&K Since 2015: Govt
- PM Modi Calls Up Theresa May Over Terror Attack
- Dr Randeep Guleria Appointed New Director of AIIMS-Delhi
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Yogi Adityanath Makes Surprise Visit To Police Station In Lucknow
- Plea Against Kejriwal: Court Raps Police for Indecisiveness
- After Shiv Sena MP's Slipper Assault, Air India Mulling Preparing No-Fly List for Unruly Passengers
- With Vikalp, Passengers on Wait List Can Tavel in Rajdhani at Mail, Express Fare