Maoist Courier Among Four Held in Chhattisgarh
Four naxals, one of them suspected to be an urban conduit, were arrested from Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Kanker district today, police said.
"The cadres were apprehended from separate restive locations by different teams of district force," Kanker SP R N Dash told PTI.
While Ramau Ram Boga (22) and Kaliram Ram Boga (25), against whom arrest warrants were issued earlier, were held from Rasoli village under Bhanupratappur police station limits, Ram Kumar Komra (32) was rounded up from Tadoki police station area, the SP said.
They were allegedly involved in cases of kidnapping, murder and planting explosives etc., he said.
"A suspected naxal conduit, Rakesh Bhuarya (23), who was active in the urban channel of Dalli Rajhra area committee of the banned outfit, was nabbed from Kacche outpost of Bhanupratappur police station limits," the SP said.
According to the officer, Bhuarya allegedly played a crucial role in supplying ration, medicines and commodities to the naxals camps located in deep forests in the region.
"Apart from that he was a key naxal informer and also helped them in putting up posters and banners during Maoist bandh," Dash said.
- Aziz Says 'Insufficient Evidence' On Indian Spy, Pak Denies
- Triple Talaq 'Cruel' And 'Most Demeaning', Says Allahabad HC
- Stranded Tourists On Andaman & Nicobar Islands Safe: Rajnath Singh
- 'Devil Of The Year': How Twitter Is Reacting To Latest TIME Magazine Cover
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Modi Is Now Seen As Messiah Of Poor And Honest: BJP
- Old Notes Invalid For Rail, Metro, Bus Tickets From Dec 10
- India To Become 'Major Defence Partner' Of US
- Churning On In AIADMK Over Who Will Step Into Amma's Shoes
- Demonetisation Is An 'Effective Step' In Curbing Corruption, Says Arvind Panagaria
- PM Singularly Responsible For Economic Mess: CPI(M)
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED