Manjhi Treated Like an Untouchable by His Own Govt: Sushil Modi
Senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi today charged former chief minister Nitish Kumar and some ministers in Jitan Ram Manjhi government with slighting the chief minister on several occasions.
Manjhi was treated like an "untouchable" by his own government which did not invite him for launch of latest medical facilities at a government hospital here yesterday which was done by his predecessor Nitish Kumar in the presence of Health minister Ramdhani Singh, Modi said in a statement.
"The Health department did not publish the chief minister's photograph in advertisement released to press for launch of medical facilities in the government hospital at Rajvanshi Nagar in the state capital which amounts to 'insult' of the constitutional position that Manjhi holds," Modi said.
Pointing to a pattern in which, Manhji was being insulted by his predecessor, ministers and his own party - JD(U), the former deputy chief minister said the former was made to travel by road to campaign for bypolls in 10 assembly seats whereas Kumar and the RJD supremo Lalu Prasad criss cross the poll-bound constituencies by helicopter.
Similarly, the former chief minister and senior minister left Manjhi to fend for himself in a controversy related to sexual escapade of his son recently, Modi said.
- Centre Applauds Army's Attack On Pakistan Posts
- ISIS Claims Responsibility For Manchester Blast That Killed 22
- James Bond Actor Roger Moore Dies At 89
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10