Manish Tewari to Join US Think-Tank As Distinguished Fellow
Senior Congress leader and former Union Minister Manish Tewari will join a top US think-tank as a distinguished fellow.
"We are delighted to welcome Manish Tewari to our team. We are eager to draw on his expertise from his years of service to the Government of India, and he will be an invaluable addition to the South Asia Centre team as we look to deepen our programming on India and the subcontinent," said Bharath Gopalaswamy, director of South Asia Centre at the Atlantic Council.
A counsel practicing in Supreme Court, Tewari previously served as a Member of Parliament from Ludhiana and is currently the national spokesperson of the Congress party.
At the Council's South Asia Centre, Tewari will focus on programming aimed at strengthening US-India relations.
"As the new administration takes shape, I look forward to working with the Council's South Asia Centre to develop programming on how the new administration can best engage with the region to strengthen key relationships," Tewari said in a statement.
Based in Washington DC, Atlantic Council has ten regional and thematic centres.
The South Asia Centre places on-the-ground execution and cultivation at the core of its mission in addition to fostering programs that are sustainable and innovative from year to year.
- IT Raids Reveal Assets Worth Rs 162 Crore, 12 Kg Gold
- China Tightens It's 'Great Firewall'
- Trump To Speak With PM Modi
- Cabinet Approves IIM Bill
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Preliminary Probe Launched Into Fraud Allegations Against Kejriwal, Relative
- 4 Year Old Muslim Girl In UK Instructed To Not Wear Hijab To School
- Trump Administration Warns China Over South China Sea Dispute
- After Protest at Taslima Nasreen's JLF Talk, Organisers to Not Invite the Bangladeshi Writer Again
- Akhilesh Patronising The Corrupt, Criminals: BJP
- Trump's First Days In The White House Get Lowest Approval Ratings, According To Poll
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Send Back AAP Volunteers from Outside Punjab: Amarinder to EC
- SP-Cong Alliance To Cover Up Their Weaknesses, Says AIMIM President Owaisi
- BJP's 2nd List For UP Polls: No Muslim Nominee Among 304 Candidates, Rajnath Singh's Son Gets Ticket
- Kuwait Declares State of Emergency over Oil Leak on Shore