Man, Woman Killed Over Alleged Affair in Pakistan
In yet another case of honour killing in Pakistan, a man allegedly shot dead his sister-in- law and another person in southwestern Balochistan province, police said today.
The incident occurred yesterday in Jaffarabad district when the man shot his sister-in-law and another man.
A police official told PTI that accused Dil Murad suspected that the victims were involved in an illicit relationship.
"Murad was waiting for the opportunity to punish them and shot them dead," said the police.
"Both died on the spot after receiving multiple bullet injuries," police said. The accused fled the scene after the incident.
The bodies have been shifted to the district hospital, police said.
Last week, a young woman and her husband were brutally murdered by her family for marrying against their wishes in Punjab province.
In May this year, 25-year-old Farzana Parveen was allegedly stoned to death outside the Lahore High Court by more than two dozen people, including her father and brothers, for marrying against her family's wishes.
- SC Allows Marine Latorre to Stay Back in Italy
- Don't Behave Like Lords, 'Fall in Line': SC Tells BCCI
- Day After Stoning of Saamna Office in Maharashtra, Cartoonist Expresses Regret
- Former Israeli President Shimon Peres Dies at 93
- Pak Approaches World Bank Amid Reports of India Revoking Indus Water Treaty
- Most SAARC Members Join India, Pull Out of Summit in Pakistan
- Roasted For Being Dark, Parched Actor Tannishtha Chatterjee Gets Apology
- Karachi's Stand-Up Comedian Has His Reasons Why India And Pakistan Should Not Go To War
- Prabhu Deva Does A Gandi Baat Jig With Father
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Watch: A Poacher's Court Tries To Save Elephants And Rhinos In Africa
- MH17 Probe 'Biased', Moscow 'Disappointed': Foreign Ministry
- NIA Gets Custody of PoK Duo Who Facilitated Uri Attack
- Sahara Group Has Taken Us for a Ride: SC
- Pakistani Singer Shafqat Amanat Ali's Concert in Bengaluru Cancelled
- Idols of Durga Vandalised in Bangladesh
- Kashmiri Student Booked For Sedition Over 'Anti-National' Post
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED