Man, Woman Killed Over Alleged Affair in Pakistan
In yet another case of honour killing in Pakistan, a man allegedly shot dead his sister-in- law and another person in southwestern Balochistan province, police said today.
The incident occurred yesterday in Jaffarabad district when the man shot his sister-in-law and another man.
A police official told PTI that accused Dil Murad suspected that the victims were involved in an illicit relationship.
"Murad was waiting for the opportunity to punish them and shot them dead," said the police.
"Both died on the spot after receiving multiple bullet injuries," police said. The accused fled the scene after the incident.
The bodies have been shifted to the district hospital, police said.
Last week, a young woman and her husband were brutally murdered by her family for marrying against their wishes in Punjab province.
In May this year, 25-year-old Farzana Parveen was allegedly stoned to death outside the Lahore High Court by more than two dozen people, including her father and brothers, for marrying against her family's wishes.
- Government Says 'No' To India-Pakistan Cricket Series
- CISE Declares Class 12 Results, Topper Gets 99.5%
- Delhi Man Killed For Objecting To Public Urination
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10