Man Tells Congressmen He Can Tamper EVMs to Help Them Win, Held
A fitness trainer, claiming to be an expert in tampering EVM machines, and who assured Congressmen that he could ensure their victory in the Agar seat in by-polls, was arrested here, police said today.
The accused identified as Atin Tiwari (40), was nabbed last night from a coffee house in Gita Bhawan locality, Superintendent of Police (East), O P Tripathi told reporters.
He also runs a fitness centre in the city, the SP said.
Associates of Tiwari had called few Congressmen in Indore claiming that they were experts in tampering EVMs (electronic voting machines) and assured that the party candidate from Agar, Rajkumar Gore can win the election, and demanded Rs 8 lakh from them, Tripathi said.
Feeling suspicious, the partymen informed the police, following which a trap was laid and Tiwari apprehended.
Bhopal-based Cyber Crime Branch is probing the matter in detail.
The polling for by-poll in three assembly seats including Agar was held on August 21 and the results will be declared tomorrow.
- Herald Case: Notice Issued to Sonia, Rahul on Swamy's Petition
- WB: Two Die as Fire Breaks Out in Murshidabad Hospital
- PM Trying to Reverse AAP Govt's Decisions Through LG: Kejriwal
- Give Me One Chance: Mehbooba Appeals to Protesters
- Dhaka Cafe Attack 'Mastermind', 2 Others Killed in Encounter
- Nude Monk Delivers 'Kadve Vachan' in Haryana Assembly
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Chhotepur Rejects Panel, Dares AAP to Make Bribe Video Public
- Woman Raped, Attacked With Acid in Kanpur
- Universities Should Be Bastions of Free Speech, Debate: Prez
- WB: Flood Situation Worsens in Malda, 2 Killed
- Malaysian Students Rally to Demand Prime Minister's Arrest
- Sharif Sends 22 Special Envoys to World Capitals to Highlight Kashmir Issue
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED