Man Tells Congressmen He Can Tamper EVMs to Help Them Win, Held
A fitness trainer, claiming to be an expert in tampering EVM machines, and who assured Congressmen that he could ensure their victory in the Agar seat in by-polls, was arrested here, police said today.
The accused identified as Atin Tiwari (40), was nabbed last night from a coffee house in Gita Bhawan locality, Superintendent of Police (East), O P Tripathi told reporters.
He also runs a fitness centre in the city, the SP said.
Associates of Tiwari had called few Congressmen in Indore claiming that they were experts in tampering EVMs (electronic voting machines) and assured that the party candidate from Agar, Rajkumar Gore can win the election, and demanded Rs 8 lakh from them, Tripathi said.
Feeling suspicious, the partymen informed the police, following which a trap was laid and Tiwari apprehended.
Bhopal-based Cyber Crime Branch is probing the matter in detail.
The polling for by-poll in three assembly seats including Agar was held on August 21 and the results will be declared tomorrow.
- CBI Court Grants Bail to Advani, Joshi And Uma Bharti
- Rai To Meet Kohli, Kumble To Resolve Issues Around Coach's Appointment
- Bilkis Bano Rape Case: SC Refuses to Hear Plea of Convicted IPS Officer Bhagora
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10