Man Tells Congressmen He Can Tamper EVMs to Help Them Win, Held
A fitness trainer, claiming to be an expert in tampering EVM machines, and who assured Congressmen that he could ensure their victory in the Agar seat in by-polls, was arrested here, police said today.
The accused identified as Atin Tiwari (40), was nabbed last night from a coffee house in Gita Bhawan locality, Superintendent of Police (East), O P Tripathi told reporters.
He also runs a fitness centre in the city, the SP said.
Associates of Tiwari had called few Congressmen in Indore claiming that they were experts in tampering EVMs (electronic voting machines) and assured that the party candidate from Agar, Rajkumar Gore can win the election, and demanded Rs 8 lakh from them, Tripathi said.
Feeling suspicious, the partymen informed the police, following which a trap was laid and Tiwari apprehended.
Bhopal-based Cyber Crime Branch is probing the matter in detail.
The polling for by-poll in three assembly seats including Agar was held on August 21 and the results will be declared tomorrow.
- Samsung Heir Indicted For Bribery, Embezzlement
- Uber Asks Top Executive To Go For Hiding Sexual Harassment Charge
- Ringing Bells Manager Arrested For Fraud
- 'Have Killed Iranians': Kansas Shooter Told Bartender
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- OECD Cuts India's Growth to 7%, Says India a Star Performer
- 'It's About The Freedom To Coexist Yet Disagree':Hundreds Participate In DU Protest March Against ABVP
- Shooter Jitu Rai Wins Bronze in ISSF World Cup
- FIR Registered Against Unknown Persons In Connection With The Case Of Kargil Martyr's Daughter
- RBI Sets Up Panel to Review Cyber Threats
- Reliance Jio's Tariff Aggressive, Unsustainable, Says Airtel's Sunil Mittal
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Delhi Court Acquits 2 In 2005 Serial Blasts, Sentences Third Accused To 10-Year Jail Term
- Govt Plans Chaupals To Link Weaker Sections To Cashless System
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events