Man Kills Wife for 'Chatting With Other Men' Over Phone, FB
Angry with his wife for "chatting with other men" over phone and social networking websites, a man allegedly pushed her in the Ganges leading to her death.
The accused - Ravi Chaurasia - married the victim, Rubi, after his first wife left him along with their baby two years ago, police said today.
Chaurasia claimed Rubi used to chat with other men over phone and Facebook which led to frequent fights between them.
During one such fight yesterday on Ganga Barrage, Ravi pushed her in the river after she threatened to jump into it.
Ravi, who was trying to flee, was caught by onlookers and handed over to the cops, a police official said.
Rubi's body was found floating in the river late last night, he said, adding, Ravi has been put behind bars and a case has been registered against him under relevant sections.
- Ahead of Diwali, Govt Approves 2 Per Cent Hike in DA
- Need to Have a Relook on the Minority Tag Given to Muslims: Giriraj Singh
- Pakistan Condemns 'Manhandling' Of Staffer, Says Espionage Charges False
- No Regulation of Media in a Democracy: Venkaiah Naidu
- Pak High Commission Staffer Asked to Leave India Within 48 Hrs
- SC Defers Hearing of Election Petition Against Sonia Gandhi
- Watch: Donald Trump Pulls Out All The Stops With 'Ab Ki Baar, Trump Sarkar'
- Daily Curator: What Happens In Family May Not Stay So
- Neeraj Pandey's Ouch Takes on the Complexities of a Relationship
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Libya's Navy Says 90 Migrants Perished After Boat Fell Apart
- Ready to Sacrifice Myself for the Party: Amar Singh
- Neither Bua Nor Bhatija Can Improve Law and Order in UP: Amit Shah
- Pak Not to Attend Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster
- Twitter to Cut 9 Per Cent of Staff, Plots New Growth Strategy
- Ceasefire Violations, If Continues, Will Not Go Unpunished: Sharif Warns India
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED