Man Kills Daughter for Marrying Outside the Caste
In a case of honour killing, a man allegedly murdered his 19-year-old daughter today because she married a boy of another caste.
The incident took place at Ganugabanda village under Thungathurthy police station limits in Nalgonda district of Telangana, police said.
D Linga Mallu allegedly hacked his daughter to death with an axe after taking her to the outskirts of the village, police inspector K Parthasarathy told PTI over phone.
The girl had married a boy from another caste at Bhadrachalam in Khammam district a month ago. She had come back to the village last week.
"Linga Mallu and his wife Guchamma took her to the village outskirts where Linga Mallu allegedly hit her several times with an axe," the inspector said adding the accused were absconding.
DSP Shravan Kumar termed it as a case of honour killing as the victim had defied her parents to marry outside the caste.
A case of murder under section 302 of Indian Penal Code has been registered.
- Major Who Tied Civilian To Army Jeep, Awarded
- Indian Cabbie Abused And Assaulted In Australia
- Rawal Wants Arundhati Roy Tied To Army Jeep Instead Of Stone-Pelters
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10