Man Kills Daughter for Marrying Outside the Caste
In a case of honour killing, a man allegedly murdered his 19-year-old daughter today because she married a boy of another caste.
The incident took place at Ganugabanda village under Thungathurthy police station limits in Nalgonda district of Telangana, police said.
D Linga Mallu allegedly hacked his daughter to death with an axe after taking her to the outskirts of the village, police inspector K Parthasarathy told PTI over phone.
The girl had married a boy from another caste at Bhadrachalam in Khammam district a month ago. She had come back to the village last week.
"Linga Mallu and his wife Guchamma took her to the village outskirts where Linga Mallu allegedly hit her several times with an axe," the inspector said adding the accused were absconding.
DSP Shravan Kumar termed it as a case of honour killing as the victim had defied her parents to marry outside the caste.
A case of murder under section 302 of Indian Penal Code has been registered.
- Cabinet Drops 1% Additional Tax From GST Bill
- RBI Slaps Rs 27-Cr Penalty on 13 Banks for FEMA Violations
- SC Critical of Magistrate Ordering Probe in Rahul Defamation Case
- Modi May Get Me Killed as Well: Kejriwal
- Sharif Describes Kashmir As 'Unfinished Agenda' of UN
- Key Witness Says Salman Khan Killed the Chinkara
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- BJP Objects to Digvijay's Tweets to His Partymen in Assembly
- Four Una Dalit Victims Admitted to Hospital Again
- Local Muslims Stayed Away From Kalam Statue Function: Ulemas
- Police Declares Eight Puri Temple Servitors As 'Absconders'
- Bharti Airtel Q1 Profit Dips 31% to Rs 1,462 Cr
- Chance for Reformation Has to be Given to Young Offenders: SC
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED