Man Killed in Thane For Having an Affair
In a suspected case of honour killing, a man along with his servant allegedly killed a 30-year-old man, who was involved in a relationship with his sister, and dumped his body in Vasai creek here.
Ganesh (30), hailing from Bihar, reportedly had an affair with the sister of Rajesh Koli in Thane's Bhayander township.
Koli had warned Ganesh earlier to discontinue the affair but in vain, Bhayander police station inspector Bhaskar Pukle said.
Annoyed with Ganesh, Koli attacked him with a sword last week and then with the help of his servant Ucchad, tied a huge stone to the body and dumped it into the Vasai creek, he said.
Police recovered the decomposed body from the creek yesterday.
Based on the complaint filed by Ganesh's friend Sachin Suryavanshi yesterday, offences were registered against Koli and his servant under sections 302 (murder) and 201 (causing disappearance of evidence of offence) rw 34 (acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention) of the IPC, Pukle said.
A search was on to nab the two accused, he added.
- Seven Pak Rangers Killed, One Terrorist Shot Down in Retaliatory Firing at IB in Kathua: BSF
- IS Jihadists Attack Iraq's Kirkuk in Mosul Diversion, 16 Dead
- SC Tightens Noose Around BCCI, Chokes Funds to State Units
- Govt Assures Prompt Action on ATM Card Data Breach
- Trump's National Political Director 'Steps Back' From Campaign
- Five Naval Men Held for Attacking Youth in Goa
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- This 'Chaiwala' From Pakistan First Broke The Internet; Now He Has A Modelling Contract
- Daily Curator: How To Burn A Hole In Your Food Pipe And Other Stories
- Watch: Jack Reacher-Never Go Back Trailer
- No Need for Comments After Varun's Clarification: BJP
- USA: Twitter, Spotify Disrupted as Internet Provider Reports Attack
- Sheena Bora Case: CBI Files Second Supplementary Charge Sheet
- Wipro Q2 Net Profit Dips 7.6% at Rs 2,070 Crore
- BJP Demands NIA Probe Into Killings of RSS, Party Activists
- Akhilesh Skips Meet Where Shivpal Declares Him CM Nominee
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Notice to Katju on Petition Against His Blog Post on Beef
- Following Rajnath Singh's Orders, Delhi Police Forms SIT to Trace Missing JNU Student
- Discriminatory Practises Cannot Be Held Integral to Freedom of Religion: Law Minister on Triple Talaq
- Congress' Rita Bahuguna Joins BJP, Hits Out at Rahul for 'Khoon Ki Dalali'