Man Killed in Thane For Having an Affair
In a suspected case of honour killing, a man along with his servant allegedly killed a 30-year-old man, who was involved in a relationship with his sister, and dumped his body in Vasai creek here.
Ganesh (30), hailing from Bihar, reportedly had an affair with the sister of Rajesh Koli in Thane's Bhayander township.
Koli had warned Ganesh earlier to discontinue the affair but in vain, Bhayander police station inspector Bhaskar Pukle said.
Annoyed with Ganesh, Koli attacked him with a sword last week and then with the help of his servant Ucchad, tied a huge stone to the body and dumped it into the Vasai creek, he said.
Police recovered the decomposed body from the creek yesterday.
Based on the complaint filed by Ganesh's friend Sachin Suryavanshi yesterday, offences were registered against Koli and his servant under sections 302 (murder) and 201 (causing disappearance of evidence of offence) rw 34 (acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention) of the IPC, Pukle said.
A search was on to nab the two accused, he added.
- No Extension for Kumble, BCCI Looks For Head Coach
- 4 Women Gangraped, Man Shot Dead in UP's Bulandshahr
- Fadnavis Escapes Unhurt After Chopper Crash In Latur
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10