Man Arrested for Allegedly Raping Minor Niece in Punjab
A man was today arrested for allegedly raping his 16-year-old niece since the past seven months here, police said.
The accused, identified as Sushil (37), was maternal uncle of the victim. In January this year, he called his niece at his residence when he was alone, allegedly administered some intoxicating substance to the girl and raped her, they said.
Sushil continuously committed the crime for about seven months, said Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Rakesh Kaushal.
Meanwhile, the victim became pregnant but the accused managed to terminate her pregnancy by giving her medicines, Kaushal said.
The victim filed a complaint to police. The girl had undergone medical test at the local Civil hospital where the doctors confirmed the commission of the offence, he said.
- Minister Close to Akhilesh Expelled From Samajwadi Party by Shivpal
- Former Karnataka CM B.S. Yeddyurappa Acquitted of Corruption Charges
- Manipuri Student's Body Found in JNU Hostel Room
- Odisha: Five Killed, 40 Injured as Bus Plunges From 20-Feet High Bridge in Angul
- Pak Can Contribute to Regional Stability by Acting Against Militants on Its Soil: US
- Paul Beatty Becomes the First American to Win Booker Prize
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- Salman's Bodyguard Shera Booked for Assault
- Uniform Civil Code Not Without Consensus: Venkaiah Naidu
- NASA Growing Lettuce in Space
- Kyrgyzstan Government Resigns After Coalition Collapses
- Yeddyurappa, Family Members Acquitted in a Rs 40 Cr Mining Graft Case
- BSF Officer Injured in Overnight Ceasefire Violation
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED