Mamata's 'Untouchable' Statement Endorses Our Strength: BJP
Taking a dig at West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee's statement that Left parties are not "untouchable" for her, BJP today said her views corroborated the saffron surge in the state.
"She has admitted and her statement endorses the fact that BJP is rising in Bengal. Actually, she is scared of BJP gaining momentum in the state, well aware that her votebank and appeasement politics won't be able to help her win the next Assembly polls," BJP National Secretary Siddharth Nath Singh told PTI.
"So she is sending feelers to her adversaries against whom she had herself fought in 2011," Singh said.
Yesterday in a TV interview Banerjee was asked whether she was willing to have alliance with the Left parties, evoking the reply, "We can hold talks with them, there is no problem in talking."
"She is saying this now but I had told the same thing long back that Trinamool, Left and Congress will join hands to halt us in Bengal. But let me tell you it won't come in aid of Banerjee this time. Even she herself now confirms that we are inching closer to be a formidable political force," BJP state President Rahul Sinha said.
Yesterday, while talking on the Lalu-Nitish tie-up to stop BJP in Bihar, Banerjee had said, "If such a situation arose in Bengal, we will think over it. I still think nobody is untouchable. We had tie-up with SUCI once. We also had tie-up with some other smaller parties. If anybody comes forward we can talk. In a democracy, nobody should shut the door for talks. No option should be closed."
But when asked if she was ready to join hands with CPI-M, Banerjee, however, hastened to add, "I did not say that. I only said if any proposal comes, we will discuss within our party."
- CBI Court Grants Bail to Advani, Joshi And Uma Bharti
- Rai To Meet Kohli, Kumble To Resolve Issues Around Coach's Appointment
- Bilkis Bano Rape Case: SC Refuses to Hear Plea of Convicted IPS Officer Bhagora
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10