Mamata Calls Singapore Trip 'Turning Point' for Bengal
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee returned to the city on August 22, after a five-day visit to Singapore on an invitation from the government of that country.
Describing her first foreign trip after assuming office as positive, Banerjee said, "Everybody took lot of interest about investing in West Bengal. We have tried to build and communicate a positive image of the state in there."
Terming her visit as a "turning point" for Bengal, she said, "A positive message has already reached the business fraternity of Singapore and they are also showing keen interest in the state."
"13 MoUs have been signed and we have initiated talks with several organisations. Bengal will again see industrial growth," she added.
Banerjee, who had earlier expressed confidence that in near future the state would have a stronger and more dynamic business relationship with Singapore, met Prime Minister of Singapore Lee Hsien Loong and Singapore's Minister for Foreign Affairs K Shanmugam during her visit.
The Chief Minister was accompanied by state Finance Minister Amit Mitra, Chief Secretary Sanjay Mitra, several industrialists and others including actor-turned-MP Dev during her trip to Singapore.
FROM OUTLOOKpolitics: gujaratModi wrests some emphatic India Inc approval. Can it extend to the political realm?...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBThe initially uncertainty created by majority of Bmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESGlobal investor Blackstone plans to invest upto USmore from WIRES>>>
- Delhi and Gujarat Will Fight Together Against BJP: Kejriwal
- US Court Overturns Indian-Origin Woman's Foeticide Conviction
- AN-32: IAF Lodges Missing Complaint With Tamil Nadu Police
- Wrestler Narsingh Fails Dope Test, Rio Participation Doubtful
- Clinton, Kaine Do Not Look Presidential: Trump
- Policeman Injured in Attack Dies, Toll in Kashmir Unrest 46
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- TMC Worker Shot Dead
- MCA Accepts SC Verdict in Toto, Pawar to Quit President's Post
- All-Party Team Should Take Up Mahanadi Dams Issue With PM: Cong
- Mehbooba Along With Several Ministers of PDP Meets Rajnath
- 'Only Elite, Not Muslim Masses Feel Alienation in India'
- Four Women Militants Arrested in Bangladesh
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED