Mamata Calls Singapore Trip 'Turning Point' for Bengal
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee returned to the city on August 22, after a five-day visit to Singapore on an invitation from the government of that country.
Describing her first foreign trip after assuming office as positive, Banerjee said, "Everybody took lot of interest about investing in West Bengal. We have tried to build and communicate a positive image of the state in there."
Terming her visit as a "turning point" for Bengal, she said, "A positive message has already reached the business fraternity of Singapore and they are also showing keen interest in the state."
"13 MoUs have been signed and we have initiated talks with several organisations. Bengal will again see industrial growth," she added.
Banerjee, who had earlier expressed confidence that in near future the state would have a stronger and more dynamic business relationship with Singapore, met Prime Minister of Singapore Lee Hsien Loong and Singapore's Minister for Foreign Affairs K Shanmugam during her visit.
The Chief Minister was accompanied by state Finance Minister Amit Mitra, Chief Secretary Sanjay Mitra, several industrialists and others including actor-turned-MP Dev during her trip to Singapore.
- Suicide Bomber Responsible For Manchester Blast
- Sukhoi Fighter Jet Goes Missing Near Tezpur in Assam
- Ex-Congress MP Naveen Jindal Summoned As Accused In Coal-Scam Case
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10