Malaria Claims 76 Lives in Tripura
At least 76 people have died of malaria in the state during the past one and a half months, the state government today said.
The deaths occurred mostly in the tribal dominated areas since mid-June till date, Health and Family Welfare Minister Badal Chowdhury told reporters here.
"Insurgency has ravaged the state for about three decades and the impact of the militancy was acute in the remote and tribal compact areas.
" As a result adequate infrastructures could not be made in those areas. Now peace has restored in the state, so we have planned to set up 15 Primary Health Centres (PHC) in those areas," he said.
During his recent visit to Delhi he met Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan and submitted a memorandum seeking help to improve the health infrastructure in the state, Chowdhury said.
He also demanded setting up a hospital like All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) so that people could avail the modern facilities without rushing to the metro cities, the minister said.
"I reminded the union minister about his announcement of setting up AIIMS in all states. He said that 200 acres of land near the capital city with good connectivity is required for setting up such a hospital and assured that the demand would be considered positively if the required conditions are fulfilled," he said.
- ED Issues Fresh Summons to Zakir Naik in Money Laundering Case
- Assault on Kerala Actress Scares Me: Deepika
- Nokia Relaunches Iconic 3310 With Colour Display, Web Features
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Political Speeches, Anti-Trump Jibes Dominate Oscars 2017
- Would Have Been Better Had BJP Given Tickets To Muslims In Uttar Pradesh, Says Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
- DU Girl Gurmehar Kaur Moves DCW Over 'Rape' Threats From ABVP Members
- ONGC May Acquire India's 3rd Largest Fuel Retailer HPCL For A Whopping Rs 44,000 Crore
- At Least 20 Children Injured After School Bus Overturns In Kanpur
- Commission Says Counterfeiters And Hackers Cost The US Close To 600 Billion A Year
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Delhi Court Acquits 2 In 2005 Serial Blasts, Sentences Third Accused To 10-Year Jail Term
- Govt Plans Chaupals To Link Weaker Sections To Cashless System
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events