Malaria Claims 76 Lives in Tripura
At least 76 people have died of malaria in the state during the past one and a half months, the state government today said.
The deaths occurred mostly in the tribal dominated areas since mid-June till date, Health and Family Welfare Minister Badal Chowdhury told reporters here.
"Insurgency has ravaged the state for about three decades and the impact of the militancy was acute in the remote and tribal compact areas.
" As a result adequate infrastructures could not be made in those areas. Now peace has restored in the state, so we have planned to set up 15 Primary Health Centres (PHC) in those areas," he said.
During his recent visit to Delhi he met Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan and submitted a memorandum seeking help to improve the health infrastructure in the state, Chowdhury said.
He also demanded setting up a hospital like All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) so that people could avail the modern facilities without rushing to the metro cities, the minister said.
"I reminded the union minister about his announcement of setting up AIIMS in all states. He said that 200 acres of land near the capital city with good connectivity is required for setting up such a hospital and assured that the demand would be considered positively if the required conditions are fulfilled," he said.
- Suicide Bomber Responsible For Manchester Blast
- Sukhoi Fighter Jet Goes Missing Near Tezpur in Assam
- Ex-Congress MP Naveen Jindal Summoned As Accused In Coal-Scam Case
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10