Make Military Training Compulsory in Schools: BJP MP
Military training should be made compulsory in schools to inculcate discipline among youths and check the spread of naxalism and drug addiction, a BJP member today demanded in Rajya Sabha.
Avinash Rai Khanna (BJP) introduced The Compulsory Military Training Bill, 2012 as a private members' bill, saying a disciplined youth is the need of the hour for the country who can build society and provide relief to people in need.
The Bill seeks to provide for compulsory military training to all youths in the country and to include military training in curriculum for children from matriculation to graduation level.
"Compulsory military training not only makes a youth healthy but also helps in getting rid of drug addition," he said, adding the data generated from such training would help in identifying the youths who are actively engaged in nations development.
Regretting that NCC activities have come down in educational institutions, he sought adequate support from the government to revitalise NCC.
Supporting the bill, E M S Natchiappan (Cong) such training will inspire and encourage the youths to serve the nation.
"Nowadays we are deviating from national patriotism. This has to be addressed with adequate training programmes," he said.
He said the education system should be such that along with knowledge, it instills a sense of patriotism among the students, he said.
Biswaraj Patil (BJP), Vijila Sathyanath (AIADMK) and Satyanarayan Jatiya (BJP) also spoke. The discussion on the bill remained inconclusive.
FROM OUTLOOKDefenceWith service chiefs increasingly at the mercy of bureaucrats and dwindling budgets, the country's defence preparedness needs to...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBReportageThe first ever strike at the army camp in Baramullmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIREST V Parasuram Washington, July 23 (PTI) Diffemore from WIRES>>>
- Indian Origin Punjabi Bus Driver Burnt to Death in Australia
- SC Dismisses Petition, Says Armed Forces Answerable To Government
- Fifteen Pakistan Rangers Killed In BSF's Retaliatory Fire In The Past Week
- Judges Selection: SC Slams Centre for Bringing Courts to a Grinding Halt
- US Charges 61 People in Multi-Million Dollar Indian Call Center Scam
- Pak Violates Ceasefire Along LoC in Jammu, Rajouri, Kathua, Girl Injured
- Daily Curator: While India Plays Spy-Spy With Pakistan, China Issues Gentle Reminder
- Watch: Donald Trump Pulls Out All The Stops With 'Ab Ki Baar, Trump Sarkar'
- Daily Curator: What Happens In Family May Not Stay So
- Neeraj Pandey's Ouch Takes on the Complexities of a Relationship
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- India Third in Terror Deaths After ISIS-Boko Haram Areas: SC Told
- War No Option, Pak Should Take Initiative for Peace: Mehbooba
- Pak Army Says No Soldiers Killed in Firing at Border
- DND Flyway onnecting Noida to Delhi to Remain Toll Free: SC
- Swamy Asks PM to Form Multi-Agency SIT to Probe Tatas
- Northern Ireland Rejects Brexit Court Challenge
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED