Major Reshuffle of Bureaucracy in Odisha
In a major reshuffle in the bureaucracy, Odisha government changed portfolio of 20 senior IAS officers, official sources said today.
C J Venugopal of 1988 batch has been appointed as the new Home Secretary as the post remained vacant after Vipin Kumar Saxena was appointed as Special Resident Commissioner of Odisha in New Delhi, they said.
Water Resources Secretary Suresh Mohapatra has been appointed as the new secretary of energy department besides being given additional charge as the special officer of the Jagannath temple, according to an official notification.
1987 batch officer Rajesh Verma, who is presently secretary of agriculture department, has been given additional charge as the secretary of cooperation department.
Health and Family Welfare Department Secretary Pradipta Kumar Mohapatra has been posted as the new secretary of rural development department. He is also given additional charge as the special relief commissioner and chairman of the state owned Odisha Mining Corporation, it said.
Women and Child Development Secretary Arati Ahuja has been posted as secretary of health department. OMC chairman Saswat Mishra is the new secretary of WCD department.
Food Supplies and Consumer Welfare Secretary M S Padhy has been given additional charge as the secretary of Information and Public Relations Department.
1991 batch officer Sanjay Rastogi has been appointed as the new commissioner cum secretary of Commerce and Transport Department. G Mathivathan is the new secretary of Housing and Urban Development department besides being posted as the secretary of Parliamentary Affairs department.
Surendra kumar is the new secretary cum commissioner of ST and SC Development department. While 1995 batch IAS officer Bishnupada Sethi is the new CMD of the state owned Odisha Milk Federation along with his earlier post as the secretary of Fisheries and Animal Resource Development.
Chitra Arumugam has been appointed as the Secretary of Textile and Handlooms. 1997 batch officer Sanjeeb Mishra is appointed as the commissioner-cum-secretary of information technology and CEO of Odisha Computer Application Centre.
Cuttack Collector S N Girish has been appointed as Managing director of OMC while Nirmal Mishra is posted in his post. Balasore Collector Aravind Agarwal is the new Collector of Puri while 2008 batch officer Guha Poonam Tapas Kumar is new Collector of Deogarh district.
B Parameswaran is appointed as the collector of Jharsuguda, it added.
- Tardy Reaction To Molestation Of A Ladkhi Girl Opens Wounds Of Government Apathy To The Region
- No Security Stamps In These 7 Airports Anymore
- Kerala To Launch First Sex Offenders Registry
- Gujarat To Ban Hookah Bars
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Government To Launch 'Twitter Seva' To Address Public Grievances
- Gujarat Assembly Passes Bill To Impose Complete Ban On Hookah Bars
- Over 61 % Voting in Phase-IV Of UP Assembly Polls
- Vyapam: No CBI Probe Into Madhya Pradesh Pre-Engineering Test
- No Need To Get Security Stamp On Hand Baggages Anymore In These 7 Airports
- Govt Ropes In Shilpa Shetty As Swachh Bharat Brand Ambassador
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman