Madame Tussauds Sydney to Get Amitabh Bachchan's Wax Figure
Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan will join the unique line-up of celebrities at Madame Tussauds Sydney this year.
According to an official statement, the 71-year-old actor's wax statue would be featuring with celebrities like Captain Cook, Donald Bradman, Nicole Kidman, Hugh Jackman, Johnny Depp and Lady Gaga.
The legendary Bollywodd star would be placed in an interactive setting that would allow fans to get close and have a personal experience.
The statement noted that Bachchan, for the first time in the history of Madame Tussauds, was nominated to be portrayed by fans in a world-wide internet poll.
Revealing Bachchan's name, Quinn Clarke, General Manager of Madame Tussauds Sydney said, "With his lifetime of professional achievements, it is nothing but an honour for Madame Tussauds Sydney to serve as the temporary home for the wax figure of Amitabh Bachchan."
Clarke added, "Amitabh will add even more colour and interactivity to our attraction, and I have no doubt the amazingly lifelike wax figure will be extremely popular with our guests, particularly the local Indian community. The Bollywood industry is one that is growing exponentially and we are certainly very proud to be able to offer our guests a taste of it right here in Sydney."
Madame Tussauds Sydney is located on Sydney's renowned Darling Harbour.
Earlier in 2012, Madam Tussauds Sydney had superstars like Kareena Kapoor, Shah Rukh Khan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Hrithik Roshan under the Bollywood World Tour.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Censor Board Responsible for Preserving India's Culture: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman