Lanka Says Won't Allow Terrorist Acts Against India
Sri Lanka today assured India that its soil would not be used for terror attacks against its neighbour even as Colombo has stepped up deportation of Pakistani nationals amid reports that they were involved in subversive acts directed at India.
Sri Lankan External Affairs Minister G L Peiris said that Colombo had assured New Delhi that its soil will not be used for anti-India activities.
"We have constantly assured India that under no circumstances will Sri Lankan soil be used for any acts against India," Peiris said at a meeting chaired by President Mahinda Rajapaksa.
Sri Lanka has started deporting dozens of Pakistani nationals who have been staying in the country for long periods pending the processing of their applications.
The deportation of the Pakistanis in Sri Lanka had been stepped up following allegations that some of them were involved in terrorist acts against India.
Indian authorities recently uncovered an alleged plot by a Pakistan-based terror group to carry out suicide attacks on US and Israeli consulates in south India.
The conspiracy was reportedly planned overseas including in Sri Lanka, Malaysia and the Maldives.
The plot was foiled by effective coordination of the Intelligence Bureau (IB) with countries such as Malaysia which tipped off India about the plan being hatched from Sri Lankan soil to attack the consulates in Chennai and Bangalore.
- Forced to Marry Pak Man, Uzma Returns, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- HRD Minister Assures To Declare CBSE Results On Time
- Maharashtra CM Escapes Unhurt After His Helicopter Crash Lands In Latur
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10