Lanka Says Won't Allow Terrorist Acts Against India
Sri Lanka today assured India that its soil would not be used for terror attacks against its neighbour even as Colombo has stepped up deportation of Pakistani nationals amid reports that they were involved in subversive acts directed at India.
Sri Lankan External Affairs Minister G L Peiris said that Colombo had assured New Delhi that its soil will not be used for anti-India activities.
"We have constantly assured India that under no circumstances will Sri Lankan soil be used for any acts against India," Peiris said at a meeting chaired by President Mahinda Rajapaksa.
Sri Lanka has started deporting dozens of Pakistani nationals who have been staying in the country for long periods pending the processing of their applications.
The deportation of the Pakistanis in Sri Lanka had been stepped up following allegations that some of them were involved in terrorist acts against India.
Indian authorities recently uncovered an alleged plot by a Pakistan-based terror group to carry out suicide attacks on US and Israeli consulates in south India.
The conspiracy was reportedly planned overseas including in Sri Lanka, Malaysia and the Maldives.
The plot was foiled by effective coordination of the Intelligence Bureau (IB) with countries such as Malaysia which tipped off India about the plan being hatched from Sri Lankan soil to attack the consulates in Chennai and Bangalore.
- Amma's Niece Deepa Launches Political Forum
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Kim Jong-Nam Was Killed By Lethal VX Nerve Agent
- 5 Crore Indians Suffer From Depression
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- PM Modi Unveils 112 Feet Shiva Statue In Coimbatore
- Crime Branch Begins Probe On ABVP AISA Clash At Ramjas College
- 'Do We Belong Here?' Asks Wife Of Indian Techie Who Was Shot Dead In US
- On Jayalalithaa's 69th Birth Anniversary, Niece Deepa Launches 'MGR AMMA Deepa Forum'
- Labourers In Haryana To Get Breakfast For Rs 5, Full Meal For Rs 10
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman