Landslide Kills 17, 6 Missing
At least 17 people have been killed and six others remained missing after a landslide destroyed a village in China's southwestern Guizhou Province.
The landslide struck Yingping Village in Fuquan City on Wednesday night, injuring 22 people and toppling 77 houses in addition to those killed or missing.
The injured have been admitted to local hospitals and are in stable condition.
Efforts are on to rescue the survivors from the debris as half of a 600-metre-high knoll broke free and wiped out a majority of the village at the foot of the hill, state-run Xinhua news agency reported today.
The local government has relocated other villagers to safer places.
Residents said the village was occupied mainly by children and elderly when the landslide struck, as adults had moved to city for work.
Relief materials, including tents, water and food, have been sent to the villagers.
- One Killed In Clashes At Saharanpur, Mayawati Slams Yogi Government
- Twitter Forces Rawal To Delete Tweet On Roy
- Melania Trump Evades Donald Trump’s Hand Again, For The Second Time
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10