Landslide Kills 11 Miners in China
All the eleven miners who were buried in a rainstorm-triggered landslide in China's southwestern Chongqing muncipality have been confirmed dead with the recovery of the last body, officials said.
The last body of the 11 workers of a mine in Yunyang County of Chongqing Municipality, was found last night.
The miners were moving from their dormitories to a safe area early on Monday when the landslide took place, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Rainstorms pounded the county on Sunday and Monday, with a precipitation of more than 300mm in some townships.
The bad weather has left 27 dead and five missing in Yunyang.
FROM OUTLOOKCover StoryFor many, the worst may well be over. For several others, however, this may just be the beginning...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBMumbai MusingsBefore one could celebrate the strong and satisfacmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESItanagar, July 23 (PTI) Flood situation in Arunachmore from WIRES>>>
- Pak Regrets India's Rejection of 'Discuss Kashmir' Proposal
- Will Scorpene Leak Harm Rafale Deal? Parrikar Doesn't Rule It Out
- Can't Order Establishment of 'Ram Rajya' in the Country: SC
- 11 Turkish Police Killed in Bombing, PKK Blamed
- Haji Ali Dargah Should Allow Women, Says Bombay HC
- 7 Killed as Gunmen Storm Beach Restaurant in Somali Capital
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Narsingh Would Have Won the Silver, Claims WFI Official
- Punishment Under Section 304A IPC Absolutely Inadequate: SC
- BJP Alleges Nexus Between SP and BSP
- Centre Cuts State Funds But Spends Money on PM's Suit: Mamata
- Four-Year-Old Girl Raped on School Campus in Bhubaneswar
- Delhi: Deserted by Father, Two Girls Rescued From Locked Room
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED