Landslide Hits Vaishnodevi Route, Three Injured, Yatra Suspended
Yatra to Mata Vaishnodevi cave shrine was suspended today in view heavy rains in Jammu and Kashmir as three pilgrims, including two women, were injured in landslides triggered by heavy rains in Trikuta hills.
"Keeping in view the safety of pilgrims in the wake of incessant torrential rains and also considering the weather forecast, Yatra to Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine from Katra has been temporarily suspended from 4.00 PM today till further notice," a spokesman of Board said.
The pilgrims, who were on their way to Bhavan for paying obeisance, were hit by a landslide and shooting stones near Adhkuwari on the track this morning, SP Katra, Kulbir Singh, said.
The injured were identified as Raj Kumari (50), Asha Rani (65) and Kalyan Singh (55), he said, adding they belonged to Madhya Pradesh. Raj Kumar and Asha Rani were referred to Government Medical College Hospital for treatment of fracture in their legs, he said.
Chief Executive Officer Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board Mandeep K Bhandari said a close watch was being kept on the weather situation and a decision on resuming the Yatra will be taken accordingly.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- BMC: Congress’s Gurudas Kamat Opposes Tie Up With Shiv Sena
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman