Land Grab: J&K Speaker Directs Crime Branch to Probe Allegations
Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly Speaker Mubarak Gul today asked the Crime Branch to investigate allegations of land grab against some leaders of opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) including Deputy Speaker Sartaj Madni.
"I direct the Crime Brach to investigate the matter," Mubarak Gul said after Higher Education Minister Mohammad Akbar Lone put forth a suggestion in this regard.
Earlier, the Speaker had said he will constitute a House Committee to probe the matter in a time-bound manner.
However, Lone, a former Speaker, pointed out that the House Committee will not be appropriate as the Legislative Council was already seized of the case.
Ruling National Conference legislator Bashir Ahmad Veeri had yesterday alleged in the Legislative Council that a PDP leader had grabbed over 200 hectares of state land in Marhama area of Anantnag district. He alleged that names of Deputy Speaker Sartaj Madni and PDP patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed had also figured in the case.
The Legislative Council has already directed the Chief Secretary to ascertain the documents regarding the land in question and submit a report.
Gul also directed the government to present the documents pertaining to the transfer of the state land to an individual before the start of the Question Hour tomorrow.
Madni, meanwhile, said he was ready for any probe into the matter if it was proved that he has purchased any land anywhere in Jammu and Kashmir after joining politics.
He said he would quit politics for the good if it was proved that he had bought any land.
- Tardy Reaction To Molestation Of A Ladkhi Girl Opens Wounds Of Government Apathy To The Region
- No Security Stamps In These 7 Airports Anymore
- Kerala To Launch First Sex Offenders Registry
- Gujarat To Ban Hookah Bars
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Gujarat Assembly Passes Bill To Impose Complete Ban On Hookah Bars
- Over 61 % Voting in Phase-IV Of UP Assembly Polls
- Vyapam: No CBI Probe Into Madhya Pradesh Pre-Engineering Test
- No Need To Get Security Stamp On Hand Baggages Anymore In These 7 Airports
- Govt Ropes In Shilpa Shetty As Swachh Bharat Brand Ambassador
- Akhilesh Yadav Scared Of Donkeys Of Gujarat, Says PM Modi
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman