Lalu Prasad’s Petition to Quash Fodder Case Rejected
A special CBI court today rejected a petition by RJD chief Lalu Prasad requesting not to be tried in the RC 68A/96 fodder scam case as he had already been convicted in RC 20A/96 case earlier and the two were similar.
The court of CBI judge A K Mishra rejected the petition filed by Prasad under section 300 of the Code of Criminal Procedure Act which states that a person once convicted or acquitted not to be tried for the same offence again, his advocate Prabhat Kumar said here.
RC 68A/96 pertains to alleged fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 36 crore from Chaibasa Treasury in 1993/94 fiscal when Prasad was the chief minister of Bihar.
On July 1, the court of A K Rai had dismissed a similar petition in connection with the RC 64 A/96 case pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 96 lakh from Deogarh Treasury in the 1990s.
Prasad had been convicted on September 30 last year and sentenced to five years imprisonment on October 3 in the RC 20A/96 fodder case pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 37.7 crore from Chaibasa Treasury in 1994-95.
- Seven Pak Rangers Killed, One Terrorist Shot Down in Retaliatory Firing at IB in Kathua: BSF
- IS Jihadists Attack Iraq's Kirkuk in Mosul Diversion, 16 Dead
- SC Tightens Noose Around BCCI, Chokes Funds to State Units
- Govt Assures Prompt Action on ATM Card Data Breach
- Trump's National Political Director 'Steps Back' From Campaign
- Five Naval Men Held for Attacking Youth in Goa
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- This 'Chaiwala' From Pakistan First Broke The Internet; Now He Has A Modelling Contract
- Daily Curator: How To Burn A Hole In Your Food Pipe And Other Stories
- Watch: Jack Reacher-Never Go Back Trailer
- No Need for Comments After Varun's Clarification: BJP
- USA: Twitter, Spotify Disrupted as Internet Provider Reports Attack
- Sheena Bora Case: CBI Files Second Supplementary Charge Sheet
- Wipro Q2 Net Profit Dips 7.6% at Rs 2,070 Crore
- BJP Demands NIA Probe Into Killings of RSS, Party Activists
- Akhilesh Skips Meet Where Shivpal Declares Him CM Nominee
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Notice to Katju on Petition Against His Blog Post on Beef
- Following Rajnath Singh's Orders, Delhi Police Forms SIT to Trace Missing JNU Student
- Discriminatory Practises Cannot Be Held Integral to Freedom of Religion: Law Minister on Triple Talaq
- Congress' Rita Bahuguna Joins BJP, Hits Out at Rahul for 'Khoon Ki Dalali'