Lalu Prasad’s Petition to Quash Fodder Case Rejected
A special CBI court today rejected a petition by RJD chief Lalu Prasad requesting not to be tried in the RC 68A/96 fodder scam case as he had already been convicted in RC 20A/96 case earlier and the two were similar.
The court of CBI judge A K Mishra rejected the petition filed by Prasad under section 300 of the Code of Criminal Procedure Act which states that a person once convicted or acquitted not to be tried for the same offence again, his advocate Prabhat Kumar said here.
RC 68A/96 pertains to alleged fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 36 crore from Chaibasa Treasury in 1993/94 fiscal when Prasad was the chief minister of Bihar.
On July 1, the court of A K Rai had dismissed a similar petition in connection with the RC 64 A/96 case pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 96 lakh from Deogarh Treasury in the 1990s.
Prasad had been convicted on September 30 last year and sentenced to five years imprisonment on October 3 in the RC 20A/96 fodder case pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 37.7 crore from Chaibasa Treasury in 1994-95.
- Mumbai Is The Richest Indian City With Total Wealth Of USD 820 Billion
- Paytm Offers To Hire Employees Sacked By Rival Companies
- Kim Killing Suspect Thought She Was In A 'Comedy Video'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- DU Professor Injured in Violence Hospitalised
- Fire Breaks Out At The Times Of India Building In New Delhi
- Kerala CM Retracts His Remark Denying Conspiracy in Assault on Actress
- Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Amidst Tiff With Media
- Pakistan Rangers Kill 4, Detain Over 600 Terror Suspects In 200 Search Operations
- Maharashtra: Nearly 350 Students In Custody,18 Others Arrested After Army Recruitment Board Papers Leaked
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rahul Gandhi Says He Has Information Of PM Modi's Personal Corruption
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Demonetisation Advisers Need Elementary Course In Economics Says Chidambaram
- 52 Killed, Over 100 Injured in Sufi Shrine Blast in Pak's Balochistan