Lalu Prasad’s Petition to Quash Fodder Case Rejected
A special CBI court today rejected a petition by RJD chief Lalu Prasad requesting not to be tried in the RC 68A/96 fodder scam case as he had already been convicted in RC 20A/96 case earlier and the two were similar.
The court of CBI judge A K Mishra rejected the petition filed by Prasad under section 300 of the Code of Criminal Procedure Act which states that a person once convicted or acquitted not to be tried for the same offence again, his advocate Prabhat Kumar said here.
RC 68A/96 pertains to alleged fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 36 crore from Chaibasa Treasury in 1993/94 fiscal when Prasad was the chief minister of Bihar.
On July 1, the court of A K Rai had dismissed a similar petition in connection with the RC 64 A/96 case pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 96 lakh from Deogarh Treasury in the 1990s.
Prasad had been convicted on September 30 last year and sentenced to five years imprisonment on October 3 in the RC 20A/96 fodder case pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 37.7 crore from Chaibasa Treasury in 1994-95.
- Texas: One Dead, Multiple Victims in Separate Shootings
- Kashmir Unrest: Toll Mounts to 49 as Curfew Continues
- Yemen Government Accepts UN Peace Deal
- India Will Also Win Hearts With Their Conduct in Rio: Modi
- My Economic Plan Would Create 10 Mn Jobs, Says Clinton
- Khattar to Visit Gurgaon Check to Traffic Woes
- Outlook Cover Story On RSS Trafficking Goes Viral
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- PM Pitches for Technological Solutions to Daily Life Problems
- Tokyo Votes to Elect New Governor After Scandals
- All 16 on Hot Air Balloon Killed in Fiery Crash in Texas
- Bulandshahr Gangrape: 14 People Detained
- Somalia: At Least Nine Killed in Attack on Security Facility
- UP: Kanwariya Run Over by Truck, Irate Pilgrims Damage Vehicles
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED