Lalu Prasad’s Petition to Quash Fodder Case Rejected
A special CBI court today rejected a petition by RJD chief Lalu Prasad requesting not to be tried in the RC 68A/96 fodder scam case as he had already been convicted in RC 20A/96 case earlier and the two were similar.
The court of CBI judge A K Mishra rejected the petition filed by Prasad under section 300 of the Code of Criminal Procedure Act which states that a person once convicted or acquitted not to be tried for the same offence again, his advocate Prabhat Kumar said here.
RC 68A/96 pertains to alleged fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 36 crore from Chaibasa Treasury in 1993/94 fiscal when Prasad was the chief minister of Bihar.
On July 1, the court of A K Rai had dismissed a similar petition in connection with the RC 64 A/96 case pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 96 lakh from Deogarh Treasury in the 1990s.
Prasad had been convicted on September 30 last year and sentenced to five years imprisonment on October 3 in the RC 20A/96 fodder case pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 37.7 crore from Chaibasa Treasury in 1994-95.
- Centre Applauds Army's Attack On Pakistan Posts
- ISIS Claims Responsibility For Manchester Blast That Killed 22
- James Bond Actor Roger Moore Dies At 89
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10