Lajja Gauswami Bags Bronze to End India's Shooting Campaign
Lajja Gauswami bagged a bronze in women's 50m rifle 3 positions as India ended their spectacular shooting campaign on a high at the Commonwealth Games here today.
Gauswami shot 436.1 to end with a bronze in windy conditions behind Singapore's Jasmine Ser (449.1) and Scotland's Jen McIntosh (446.6) on the concluding day of shooting competition at the Barry Buddon Center at Dundee near here.
The other Indian in the fray, Susan Elizabeth failed to make it to the final round after finishing ninth in the qualifying round.
With the bronze from Gauswami, India made a rich haul of 17 -- four gold, nine silver and four bronze.
England bagged 15 medals (5, 2, 8) while Australia got eight (6, 0, 2).
Gauswami later said she was not happy with the result though she will learn from the experience.
"I'm not happy with my result, but it's all a good experience.
"It was very windy and very difficult. I also had so much pressure my heart was beating so fast. But thanks to my coach, he was saying to stay calm and relax."
Asked about India's success in shooting over the years, she said, "There is so much government support with the coaches and training. Even my home state of Gujarat supports me a lot."
- Suicide Bomber Responsible For Manchester Blast
- Police Confirm Probe Still On Against Major Who Used Civilian As Human-Shield
- Manchester Attack: 'Broken.. I'm Sorry', Says Pop Singer Ariana Whose Concert Was Hit
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10