KPSC Scam: Govt to Proceed With Legal Action, Says Min
Government will proceed with initiating legal action against Karnataka Public Service Commission (KPSC) members allegedly involved in a recruitment scam, Law Minister T B Jayachandra said today.
"Already (in their preliminary report), they (CID) have sought prosecution of all KPSC members, and government will proceed with it," Jayachandra told reporters here, adding, action would be taken against KPSC members involved.
The state cabinet on August 7 had scrapped the 2011 provisional list of gazetted probationary officers for group A and B services and ordered re-examination, after a Criminal Investigation Department probe reported largescale malpractices.
Jayachandra said government has all powers to either reject or approve the list, thus repudiating JDS leader and former chief minister H D Kumaraswamy's arguments that the cabinet does not have any right to reject the list.
"The government has all the rights to either reject or approve the list," he said.
Kumaraswamy yesterday had argued that the cabinet does not have any right to reject KPSC list, instead it rested with the state Legislative Assembly.
Jayachandra said as per rule 11 of the Gazetted Probationers (Appointment by Competitive Examinations) 1977, no candidate shall be appointed unless the government is satisfied.
"Also Rule 12 says that the very inclusion of the candidate's name in the list itself confirms no right of appointment because the appointing authority is the government," he added.
Asked to comment on Kumaraswamy's allegations that CID in its investigation report has not mentioned the alleged involvement of Chief Minister Siddaramaiah in KPSC recruitment process, Jayachandra said, "It is a preliminary report and based on it, there is sufficient reason for the government to believe examination system itself (was) bad."
Kumaraswamy had alleged that Siddaramaiah had tried to influence KPSC recruitment process by telephoning one of the KPSC members 72 times to select some candidates, a charge refuted by the Chief Minister.
- Burhan Wani's Successor Sabzar Bhat, Killed
- After Rahul, Akhilesh Denied Entry to Violence-Hit Saharanpur
- WHO Confirms First Cases Of Zika Virus In India, From Ahmedabad
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10