Kovind Will Make An Exceptional President: PM Modi
Ram Nath Kovind will make an exceptional president and continue to be a strong voice for the poor, downtrodden and marginalised, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Monday.
His remarks came hours after the BJP Parliamentary Board declared Bihar Governor Kovind as the NDA's choice for President.
"I am sure Shri Ram Nath Kovind will make an exceptional President & continue to be a strong voice for the poor, downtrodden & marginalised," the prime minister tweeted.
He said with an illustrious background in the legal arena, Kovind's knowledge and understanding of the Constitution will benefit the nation.
Modi pointed out that Kovind, a farmer's son, comes from a humble background. "He devoted his life to public service & worked for poor & marginalised," he said in another tweet.
The 71-one-year-old Kovind is a Dalit leader from Kanpur. He was elected twice to the Rajya Sabha from Uttar Pradesh. Kovind has also practised as a Supreme Court lawyer.
- Dy SP Pandith Lynching: Two Arrested
- ISRO's PSLV-C38, With 31 Satellites, Blasts Off From Sriharikota
- Lalu Asks Nitish Not To Make 'Historic Blunder'
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Army Rejects Rifles Made in India for 2nd Year in A Row Citing Poor Quality
- Opposition Picks Meira Kumar As Its Presidential Candidate
- ‘Giant Head’ Baby Roona Begum Of Tripura Passes Away Days Before Her Surgery
- JNU Students' Union President, Two Others Suspended From Varsity Panels For 'Misconduct'