Kiran Bedi Lauds Work Done in Modi Govt's 100-Day Rule
Urging people to become participatory citizens in the changing India under Narendra Modi's leadership, social activist Kiran Bedi today said she had noticed tightening of bureaucracy and shifting of foreign policy during the 100-day rule of NDA government.
"There is such a reversal of administration and if this is the speed with which the Governance is cleaned up, there will be a positive change in the next two years," she said at an interactive session, organised by Indian Women Network, a part of CII, here.
Replying to questions related to the new government, led by Modi and fate of India in another five years, she said that in her research, she has found that 40 new interesting and positive things had happened in the first 100 days.
"Bureaucracy has been tightened, ministries are made accountable, foreign policy is being shifted and laws are being amended, all for the benefit of the people," she said.
Stating that Modi's visit to Japan has clearly displayed that Japan needed India and looking at the 1.2 billion (population) market, Bedi said every country was looking at India, which has the age advantage.
"Stay hopeful of a better India and play a responsible role," she said.
To another question on whether the audience was speaking to the future Delhi Chief Minister, Bedi quipped "if I was stupid CM, I would not have been here to address you. My wings would have been clipped and I have to seek time from my department to attend any function."
"Politics, though important, is not the only way to serve the nation and society. Changes can be brought by bureaucrats or corporates if they think at the grassroot level," she said.
Speaking on "women-changing roles and responsibilities", Bedi said there was only a biological difference between men and women. "Once opportunities are equal, where is the inequality between them?" she asked.
- No Extension for Kumble, BCCI Looks For Head Coach
- 4 Women Gangraped, Man Shot Dead in UP's Bulandshahr
- Fadnavis Escapes Unhurt After Chopper Crash In Latur
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10